A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Power Plant Challenge

Re: Power Plant Challenge
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #975245 by Janila
May 15, 2019 11:44am
Board
I’d like to see the stats as well. Just for curiosity sake.
Reply to: #975245 by Janila
May 15, 2019 2:15pm
Board
WHEW - what an amazing challenge and participant announcement at Geekfest!

Over 80 letterboxers participated in the Power Plant Challenge!! All told, more than 2100 new boxes were planted - 2100 new traditional, permanent plants that everyone can enjoy! WOW!!! We had absolutely no clue that it would take off like that!

The patches are in the mail - literally - I sent them off to the post office this afternoon so they are on the way to everyone who could not attend. To the small group of participants who have not yet provided me your mailing address... check your AQ messages and send me your mailing address.

16 boxers planted more than 50 (FIFTY!!!!) traditional, permanent boxes in the past six months!!! SUPER SUPER AWESOME!! When the pathtags arrive, we will send out a message so we can get those out to folks.

SIX boxers planted more than 100 traditional, permanent boxes in the past six months!! ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!! (no additional prize, but I wanted to brag on them).

The grand prize winner (of pink stuff - of course) is:

AIRSTREAM DREAMS!!! She planted an almost unbelievable (but we believe it) 181 boxes as part of this challenge and totally packed her home town and of course, North Carolina with new plants for everyone to find!

Thanks again for all the positive discussion, hype, and of course, PLANTING that came from this challenge. We would be open to having another/similar challenge in the future, and I hope everyone enjoys all the recent plants and keeps planting more boxes!

Happy Letterboxing!

Super Hedge Hoggie
Reply to: #975258 by Super Hedge Hoggie
May 15, 2019 2:48pm
Board
Wow!!!! Thanks for the update and thank you for sponsoring this fun challenge. It was wonderful to be inspired to clear my desk of all of the stamps and logbooks that had been waiting literally for years to be planted and it looks as though a lot of others did the same thing! What a great inspiration!
Reply to: #975260 by Janila
May 16, 2019 3:01am
Board
That's awesome... I would have had been able to plant a few more - but we had snow on the ground for most of the planting time... so if you do it again... maybe a different timeline so all areas can plant in better weather conditions :)
Reply to: #975258 by Super Hedge Hoggie
May 16, 2019 5:57pm
Board
Wonderful! All letterboxers come out ahead with your challenge! Thank you for posting and encouraging boxers to get planting even during a tough winter! Many thanks!