About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Looking for a way to "mirror" on LbNA from AQ

Looking for a way to "mirror" on LbNA from AQ
Board: Letterboxing.org Chatter
May 14, 2019 12:17pm
Board
Not sure how to let my clues show up on LbNA when I do all my work in AQ - anyone?
Re: Looking for a way to "mirror" on LbNA from AQ
Reply to: #975224 by Twilight2000
May 14, 2019 12:32pm
Board
I sign into LBNA, go to Add a letterbox, and cut and paste from my AQ listing.
Reply to: #975224 by Twilight2000
May 14, 2019 12:44pm
Board
I often add a new letterbox on LbNA, put in all the traditional information and then simply paste the link to the AQ clue. Then, any changes made to the clues on AQ are automatically made on the LbNA listing - no need for maintaining twice as many listings. However, this still gives people who are new to the hobby or those who chiefly use LbNA access to our boxes. By hosting the clue on AQ, they are able to be accessed more readily, given recent outages. It's important to note that if you choose to use restrictions on your AQ boxes this method will not work as well.
Reply to: #975226 by Nairon
May 14, 2019 1:11pm
Board
so I don't use restrictions, so that won't be a problem. But I've got a bunch of clues in AQ that I'd like to marry over to LbNA so that when I update a clue in AQ it updates in LbNA as well. Is that possible?
Reply to: #975231 by Twilight2000
May 14, 2019 1:16pm
Board
LbNA has a feature when adding a new box that allows you to import a link to another site where the clues are hosted. I just paste the link to the AQ clue in here. If you haven't yet created LbNA listings for your boxes, this is the way to go. If you already have, you can edit the box, erase the text clue and add in the link to the AQ so that you will not have to maintain two clues for each box.