Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: How do you add a box ahead of planting?

Re: How do you add a box ahead of planting?
Board: Stupider Questions About Letterboxing
Reply to: #974879 by Janila
Sep 11, 2019 2:51pm
Board
OK, so just to be clear, I can activate a reserved box today and, during the activation process, make the plant date 9/30/19 and it won't show up in searches or in notifications until 9/30?

I just want to make SURE, as I have five newbies helping me plant a number of related boxes on the same trail. We want them to be released on the same day, but in the future because people are going on vacation at different times and need to set it all up in advance. The boxes are already out in their hiding spots, so it is just a matter of making them available at the same time.

Thanks!
Reply to: #979376 by MO UR4Me
Sep 11, 2019 3:03pm
Board
I can activate a reserved box today and, during the activation process, make the plant date 9/30/19 and it won't show up in searches or in notifications until 9/30?

If they are set up in advance as reserved boxes, you will still need to actually activate them on the chosen date and change the plant date on the Basic Details page. You cannot enter a date for the reserved box to all of a sudden become active in the future. If you don't change that date when activating the box, it will reflect the date that you set up the reserved box.

When you change the date to the date that you are activating them, they will appear in the Newest Boxes listing.
Reply to: #979376 by MO UR4Me
Sep 11, 2019 4:30pm
Board
I can activate a reserved box today and, during the activation process, make the plant date 9/30/19 and it won't show up in searches or in notifications until 9/30?

No, if you activate them today, they will be listed for everyone to see immediately--and AQ won't let you postdate a plant into the future. (Well, it'll allow one day in the "future" due to timezone issues, but not three weeks into the future.)

Activate the listings the day you want them to show up in AQ searches. By default, the plant date will be the date you activated them, but you can edit the plant date to be at any time in the past once it's activated.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #979386 by Green Tortuga
Sep 12, 2019 8:54pm
Board
Maybe a new feature (premium member perk?) to allow you to set the activation date/time? I would imagine that event organizers would like that!