A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: new letterboxes

Re: new letterboxes
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #974596 by Trekkie Gal
Apr 26, 2019 3:27am
Board
Wow, I had no idea that bingo was still going on either. I won a couple of times one year, but didn't have a use for most of the prizes I received, so I didn't play again.

Wow, I was lucky enough to win a couple of years ago and loved the prizes I received. Plus these last two years every day we get to enjoy the poetic wit of our bingo master.
Reply to: #974596 by Trekkie Gal
Apr 26, 2019 4:00am
Board
I'm playing for the first time this year. Not winning, not losing...but enjoying the interaction with a different group

The poetry accompanying the daily word is entertaining! And there are some cryptic exchanges going on, but I haven't had time to tackle those.
Reply to: #974601 by Dawnkey
Apr 26, 2019 5:50am
Board
I've played Bingo every year since I've been a letterboxer (10 years this summer) except 1 year. I enjoy the different interactions with letterboxers, the thrill (or not) or seeing what the word is each day, the interesting ways the words are presented (each Bingo Master has had his/her own style), and I love the ciphers! I am amazed at BaliWho's cleverness (and she's always willing to give me a nudge in the right direction if I can't figure out the cipher).

Prizes? I won twice in one year and thought they were just great. But the prizes aren't why I play. Bingo is just another way of staying a bit connected with the letterboxing community.

By the way, our Bingo game has not yet produced the final winner.

Oh! And, on another aside, there are clues to letterboxes hidden within our Letterbox Great Lakes site.
Reply to: #974555 by Trekkie Gal
Apr 26, 2019 6:44am
Board
I'm not a part bc google somehow blocks me but I've heard they are still there!!