A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Postage?

Re: Postage?
Board: LTC Collective
Reply to: #974325 by Wise Wanderer
Apr 19, 2019 7:50am
Board
For my postals, I just use this USPS site, which automatically figures out the price (taking zone into consideration) after you fill in the zip, size/shape, "package" rate, and weight.

https://postcalc.usps.com/

And then, I go to my Paypal acct, which gives me a discounted price, and print out my label :)
Reply to: #974328 by JampersandJ
Apr 19, 2019 1:58pm
Board
thank you!
Reply to: #974328 by JampersandJ
Apr 19, 2019 5:00pm
Board
Tell me more about postage via PayPal
Reply to: #974339 by aMAZEing adventure frog
Apr 20, 2019 6:31am
Board

Yeah, me too. Do you print it on adhesive back paper and if so do you need a special printer?
Reply to: #974352 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
Apr 20, 2019 8:04am
Board
aMAZEing adventure frog wrote:

DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie wrote:

Yeah, me too. Do you print it on adhesive back paper and if so do you need a special printer?

Here is the link at PayPal. I use a regular printer and tape it to the envelope. I only tape the edges, enough to keep it on.
Reply to: #974339 by aMAZEing adventure frog
Apr 20, 2019 9:18am
Board
If you have a Paypal acct, the link is

https://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create/

Fill in the appropriate info boxes....
(I use my kitchen scale for weight)
============
Savings: if I mail a package weighing 5 oz from West to East Coast (using my zip, and my son's zip code), USPS charges $4.81. Paypal charges $3.63. This includes a tracking number :) Savings could be more, depending on what you're mailing.

Convenience: drop off at a post office, mailbox, at work, wherever mail gets picked up.
============

I print the label on regular paper and put (clear packing) tape over the address, and on the edges, keeping the bar code uncovered.

Great for postals, regular packages, and taxes (yep, put my label on a flat large env., and got the tracking # to prove when it got processed, and delivered)

Happy mailing!
J
Reply to: #974352 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
Apr 20, 2019 9:21am
Board
Oberon_Kenobi answered before I did, but you can read my wordier response to aMAZEing adventure frog :)

J