Skip to Content
Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Night boxes at an event

by brailleboxerProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Letterbox Chatter
I’m hosting an event in October and want to do some sort of night box scavenger hint - I just got back from an event where I talked with a couple people who had some very creative ideas - so now it’s your turn to sound off ! Tell me your creative ideas...
by Public HandProfileContactLogbookNote
I've seen sets with fire tacks used to set up the trail and to note the location of the boxes. I REALLY enjoyed LCABs set at SOHT the last time we were there.....She set out the boxes with small firefly lights to be looked for to find the boxes.
by The Lost BoysProfileContactLogbookNote
What about maybe using Solar Lights?
by Wry MeProfileContactLogbookNote
Nope! I am saving it for when we convince Open Space to host L&B again. Mwahahaha! JK.
by KirbertProfileContactLogbookNote
There are different ideas in night boxing. One fun one is to make the hunt scary. Don't follow a trail but rather bushwhack through the woods from start to finish. Plant some rubber snakes, rats and spiders along the route, including hanging from...
by Fantastic Mrs. FoxProfileContactLogbookNote
Install a burglar alarm in the lid of the box, preferably one that sounds like a rattlesnake. Nope, I would have a heart attack! One box I will never go after!
by scouttrekkieProfileContactLogbookNote
Hidden in an open field in pouches with reflective tape, everyone uses flashlights. Stagger them out in groups of 4 onto the field with a very a visual map of clues. This is if you're looking for inexpensive and easy way of doing it.
by DawgdokProfileContactLogbookNote
Using reflective tape or paint, then hide them in trees as well as on the ground.
by R gangProfileContactLogbookNote
We've used glow sticks in peanut butter jars with the stamps.
by MunkeybeeProfileContactLogbookNote
Luminaries with electric tealights.