About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Disappearing Edit Pencil

Disappearing Edit Pencil
Board: Stupider Questions About Letterboxing
Apr 14, 2019 5:06pm
Board
It might be just me, or my computer, but the edit pencil on the Countdown widget is missing. So are the little red x's so you can delete something after it's finished.
I need those.
  1. 1. I can't listed sometning without making a mistake somwhere.
  2. 2. I like to change the dates of some stuff. I'd prefer not to explain that one, but it's important to me.
So what happens the day after my next DING! DING! DING!
Re: Disappearing Edit Pencil
Reply to: #974161 by Maude
Apr 14, 2019 5:20pm
Board
the edit pencil on the Countdown widget is missing. So are the little red x's so you can delete something after it's finished.

I don't use the countdown widget normally but I added it as a test and entered something to count down to. I have both a pencil and a red X and they both work.
Reply to: #974161 by Maude
Apr 14, 2019 5:46pm
Board
I had that happen to me in the past - I had made an error in the name for the countdown, which pushed all the text (including the icons in the heading) off the column on the right. I had to have Ryan go in and delete the erroneous entry, and then all was well in the widget again.
Reply to: #974163 by Wise Wanderer
Apr 14, 2019 7:13pm
Board
Thanks! You gave me an idea. Fixed it by changing the settings. I chose to have only 1 column, and could see the edit pencils again. Changed the boo-boo, and reset the columns back to 3. Done!
Reply to: #974164 by Maude
Apr 14, 2019 7:55pm
Board
Brilliant!! That didn't occur to me 🤨
Reply to: #974164 by Maude
Apr 14, 2019 11:53pm
Board
Fixed it by changing the settings. I chose to have only 1 column, and could see the edit pencils again.

It's not so much that the edit and delete options aren't there.... they just scrolled out of the view and there wasn't a way to access them unless you make the column wide enough to contain all the data for the widget.

-- Ryan