A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Heads up, free HBO week!

Re: Heads up, free HBO week!
Board: Off Topic, Wildly
Reply to: #973968 by DS
Apr 14, 2019 12:09pm
Board
I still have it for free (all the HBO channels and everything on demand) and every show episode on demand says free until Monday night but that has kept changing. The other day it said free until last night.

I tried to find out from my cable company if it will still be free when season 8 of Game of Thrones starts tonight and they can't tell me. They say that HBO offers the promotional thing which I *knew*....but I still think the cable company should have info on when it ends. They said each individual customer's free offer is totally different and they have no info.

But I'll bet anything that my offer and everyone else's offer will end at 8:59 pm, just before Game of Thrones starts.
Reply to: #974147 by MissMoon
Apr 14, 2019 12:39pm
Board
I’ve only had it free since the 11th, got a lot of GOT to watch that I’ve never seen an episode of
Reply to: #974147 by MissMoon
Apr 14, 2019 1:32pm
Board
I'm very sure that was their MO ... to have the free week end right before the GOT premiere ... definitely not a coinky-dink. ;)
Reply to: #974156 by Basset Mom
Apr 14, 2019 7:57pm
Board
Still free! Watched episode 1 of Season 8 with my fingers crossed. Lol
Reply to: #974151 by cooledcoyote
Apr 15, 2019 1:30am
Board
For those who cannot get free HBO, note that your local library might have DVD's that you can check out for free. I've seen the first five seasons of GOT that way.
Reply to: #974171 by Kirbert
Apr 15, 2019 4:39am
Board
local library might have DVD's that you can check out for free.

To have a library card in my town costs $50.00!
Apr 15, 2019 4:58am
Board
Thanks for the reminder! I just reserved Season 1 but the waiting list is pretty long so I may not get it for months. But waiting is better than paying for it, in my opinion.
Reply to: #974178 by Janila
Apr 15, 2019 11:52am
Board
I'm not willing to wait. It won't even be on Netflix in DVD for months and months and they don't stream it. I just pay for HBO until GOT ends.

My free HBO promotional was gone this morning. I was amazed it lasted through that first episode last night.

After GOT of thrones is over I'm dumping the tv service anyway and just keeping the internet for streaming.
Apr 15, 2019 11:59am
Board
After watching what I gave DVRed now I may go back and see if my library has the 1st three seasons
Reply to: #974175 by Elle
Apr 15, 2019 12:05pm
Board

If you read a lot you'll get your money's worth in books in a very short time. And it's kind of a donation.
Reply to: #974185 by MissMoon
Apr 15, 2019 12:35pm
Board
I just got an email from my brother this morning. He watched Episode 1 of Season 8 last night. He says it was *awful*. He compared it to Star Wars' "The Clone Wars".
Reply to: #974175 by Elle
Apr 15, 2019 2:39pm
Board

Ben Franklin is spinning in his grave.
Reply to: #974190 by Kirbert
Apr 15, 2019 3:38pm
Board
I just got an email from my brother this morning. He watched Episode 1 of Season 8 last night. He says it was *awful*. He compared it to Star Wars' "The Clone Wars".

Don't care what your brother thinks. lol!!
Reply to: #974190 by Kirbert
Apr 15, 2019 9:44pm
Board
I just got an email from my brother this morning. He watched Episode 1 of Season 8 last night. He says it was *awful*.

I dunno... any episode that features Ed Sheeran's face being melted by a dragon can't be ALL bad...
Reply to: #974219 by wassamatta u
Apr 19, 2019 2:53pm
Board
In a nutshell....

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2019/04/19/ed-sheeran-game-of-thrones-still-alive-despite-injuries/

lol

Oh....it's not about him.....that would be bad....so very bad. Bad.