Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: It's True!

Re: It's True!
Board: Dead Horses, Lemurs, and Kittens!
Reply to: #974378 by Warrior Woman
Apr 20, 2019 9:12pm
Board
I’ve done this with my indoor holiday events. Finding the boxes were so much more difficult and participants sometimes asked for clues. They have all been good sports and rewarded with top notch carves from around the country. In a nutshell, I create a room with a theme and cleverly hide the stamps. I say there are x number of stamps in there. Good luck!
Reply to: #974374 by Kirbert
Apr 21, 2019 7:21am
Board
Hah! I had the same neighbor!

Hey, then your neighbor was my dad!

~DarkZen - financially responsible and living independently since 18.
😎
Reply to: #974387 by dingus dufus
Apr 25, 2019 8:56pm
Board
should series with a logbook in every box be identified so that the sane can avoid them?

back in the day, and i guess there are still a few diehard purists out there, all letterboxes had a logbook or were not considered a letterbox. i can remember tearing pages out of my logbook simply so that i could stamp my signature and leave it in the box, joining all the other loose signature papers in there.

course back then there were very very few series. i believe i have a few series out there that have a logbook in every box. i could care less if everyone is stamped in. in fact it does seem rather redundant. but the truth is that i am too lazy, or too busy, to go remove them. to stamp or not to stamp........ what ever tickles your pleasure.

smile
Reply to: #974593 by uneksia
Apr 26, 2019 1:06am
Board
...i have a few series out there that have a logbook in every box.

There are actually two different situations here. There are series in which all the clues are spelled out on the clue page so you can find all of them or you can pick and choose. For these, it might make more sense to put a log book in every box.

Alternatively, there are series where the clue to Box #2 is in Box #1. If you don't find Box #1, you won't be finding Box #2. For these, it makes sense to put just one or two log books in the entire series, perhaps one in the first box and one in the last.