A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Kings Mountain Ltrbox

Re: Kings Mountain Ltrbox
Board: Region: Southeast
Reply to: #4205 by The Wolf Family
May 17, 2005 6:43am
Board
No funhog, our state park is mostly wood, and right next to a national battlefield park. But it is very beautiful. There is a lake and a stream, but very few open area, and not enough hiking trails. I would like for our scouting troops to strike some new trails out there, so I will have some places for some new boxes. Ha-Ha!

Wolf family, not it didn't move far, but it was supposed to be in the crook of the three trees and it kept falling our so it was moved. And a little revision of the peom was needed.

jennifer
Reply to: #4210 by Jensgreycar
May 17, 2005 7:35am
Board
Quote No funhog, our state park is mostly wood, and right next to a national battlefield park. But it is very beautiful.

Well, ours is a bona fide kick-ass hike, gaining nearly 2800 feet in elevation in 2.5 miles. Then... you have to come down the thing. However, the forest on the way up is lush and the meadow at the top is absolutely stunning. Now there are boxes to add to the experience. C'mon and visit our King's Mountain! Funhog
Reply to: #4210 by Jensgreycar
May 17, 2005 6:40pm
Board
Jen,
I highly recommend (if you want a good hike) Crowder's Mountain.. just a cow patty's toss from Kings Mtn... ;-D er, NC that is.
Reply to: #4238 by Alyson Wonderland
May 18, 2005 9:01am
Board
Quote I highly recommend (if you want a good hike) Crowder's Mountain..

If I may be so bold, unfortunately Jen is quite familiar with Crowder's Mountain and the rangers' diligence in removing letterboxes. It was a wonderful hike for a great stamp. Too bad it didn't hang around longer.

Knit Wit
Reply to: #4261 by knit wit
May 18, 2005 1:14pm
Board
thanks Knit Wit !!!!!

yeah I know about crowder's, sore subject though huh!!!

jennifer
Reply to: #4270 by Jensgreycar
May 19, 2005 12:28pm
Board
oops boy is my face red.. (almost as read as the menu bar on the new atlasquest page.. ;-D)