Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: I'm just gonna leave this right here...

Re: I'm just gonna leave this right here...
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #973024 by wassamatta u
Mar 20, 2019 4:50pm
Board
Now you all know why I haven't been very active on the AQ Boards ....
Reply to: #973045 by Rocklun
Mar 20, 2019 6:23pm
Board
You never saw Daniel Craig coming ng up out of the ocean in Die Another Day!??????!!

I'm SO sorry!!!
Mar 20, 2019 7:27pm
Board
It looks like found footage. "Dartmoor Witch Project" anyone?
Reply to: #973041 by Rocklun
Mar 20, 2019 8:39pm
Board
It says:

... his power-stance undermined by the fact that he's revealing way too much of his pasty thighs.
Reply to: #973058 by Nature Hikers
Mar 21, 2019 5:07am
Board
revealing way too much of his pasty thighs

Hence my comment about his probable lineage!
Reply to: #973052 by Public Hand
Mar 21, 2019 5:44am
Board
You never saw Daniel Craig coming ng up out of the ocean in Die Another Day!??????!!

Ha!!! I had a 5x7 framed photo of that scene on my desk for years. No lie. But those were swim trunks, and the shorter, the better (on Daniel Craig, not on the average beachgoing guy!).

I have a Daniel Craig series planted locally, as well as several DC LTCs. I'm kind of a fan... 🤤
Reply to: #973064 by Public Hand
Mar 21, 2019 5:54am
Board
Yeah, I found the exposed pasty thighs far more disturbing than the bloody hands cupping a letterbox...
Reply to: #973067 by Rocklun
Mar 21, 2019 7:15am
Board
those were swim trunks

Swim trunks or shorts, I classify them the same given that they both have the propensity to display a significant amount of leg.....depending upon the Brit.......
Reply to: #973068 by Rocklun
Mar 21, 2019 10:14am
Board
Yeah, who hasn’t been in a similar state after digging around in blackberries or under a rose bush? Totally normal.

But what about that container? That’s not going to be very water-tight On the moors. Someone needs to invest in a good Lock ‘n Lock. :-)
Mar 21, 2019 3:31pm
Board
Apparantly, they don't get the spoiler thing, either. We should take up a collection and set it along, signing it with our trail names, so they'll be like WTH are these people on about?

Wish my logbook looked like that.

Wry Me Short Shorts
Reply to: #973092 by Wry Me
Mar 21, 2019 3:40pm
Board
I've donated to the cause, and despite our gentle ribbing and such, I DO think this looks like it will be REALLY COOL! Shorts aside. Hmmm, maybe I need to rephrase that....

Also, I have reached out to the person/director/producer/whoever is in charge of the project, and invited them to come play with us over here at AQ. So everyone be on your best behavior!

And if nobody sees the irony in ME talking about "best behavior", then you haven't been paying attention...
Reply to: #973093 by wassamatta u
Mar 21, 2019 7:13pm
Board
I agree, it does look interesting. I don’t normally go for scary movies, but am a bit curious about this. It looks like there is a lot of good source material and interesting locations.
Reply to: #973093 by wassamatta u
Jun 5, 2019 11:39am
Board
Hello All!
My name is Bex and I'm an indie filmmaker from the UK. I'm currently working on a short film called ‘BOX (as mentioned in this thread).
'BOX tells the story of two mismatched letterboxers on a quest across Dartmoor to uncover the secret of 'The Elusive Medusa'.
I lived on Dartmoor in a van for a year and this is where I first came across letterboxing. Since my first encounter, I became fascinated and my curiosity lead me on a journey to create ‘BOX.
The script is written, and a short teaser trailer has been made to promote our movie and help raise money to make ‘BOX happen. The 'BOX team have decided to think outside the 'box' and start by crowdfunding independently. This means we cut out the middle man and 100% of the money raised goes towards making the movie.
Atlas Quest have been kind enough to let me post on their page as they thought you guys would be interested in the movie. Wassamatta_u has also already pledged to the cause which is fantastic!
We are looking to raise a minimum of £5000 in the next few months to raise cash to hire equipment, crew, and actors, and also to ensure the shoot on Dartmoor goes as smoothly as possible.
More information about the project, including the crowdfunding teaser, is on the 'BOX website.
https://www.boxshortfilm.co.uk/
You can also make a donation, pick up some 'BOX merch (featuring 'The Elusive Medus') or invest in a 'BOX package on the website too.
Any support you can give is greatly appreciated.
You can also follow BOX SHORT FILM on Facebook to keep up to date with our progress.
Like, share and help spread the word. Together we can make 'BOX happen!
Wishing you all the best Atlas Questers!

Bex :) X
Reply to: #975931 by The Elusive Medusa
Jun 5, 2019 11:45am
Board
Wassamatta_u has also already pledged to the cause which is fantastic!

Woohoo!!!
I was mentioned by an ACTUAL FILMMAKER! I'm FAMOUS!!!!!

I'll try not to let it go to my antlers...

All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up...
Jun 5, 2019 2:03pm
Board
The trailer left me wondering why the bearded guy is wearing such short shorts. Maybe that's the mystery that viewers need to solve?

Ummmm.....no. That's a mystery I can live without. No. Really.
Jun 6, 2019 2:53am
Board
The trailer left me wondering why the bearded guy is wearing such short shorts.

I was a bit concerned that the little bird might poke his head out of the short-short nest.
Reply to: #975963 by Grrly Girl
Jun 11, 2019 2:47pm
Board
I was a bit concerned that the little bird might poke his head out of the short-short nest.

That's what they call "building suspense."