About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: My Subject Not Showing Up

My Subject Not Showing Up
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Mar 18, 2019 10:11pm
Board
I just started a new subject, "Guardrail box". There have been a few replies, but none have showed up in the "Favorite Boards" widget where other new posts to the forums show up. Is this normal, or a bug?
Re: My Subject Not Showing Up
Reply to: #972870 by Oberon_Kenobi
Mar 18, 2019 11:08pm
Board
There have been a few replies, but none have showed up in the "Favorite Boards" widget where other new posts to the forums show up.

By default, they won't show up there if you have looked at them already. You also may have inadvertently "looked" at them by looking at the first post (your own), which if you were to scroll down, would show all the posts to that thread, thus making them "seen".

Like many of the strange, unusual things in my life... once it is seen, it can't be unseen!
Reply to: #972873 by wassamatta u
Mar 19, 2019 6:31am
Board
They used to show up there. What changed? What do I need to do so that new messages in threads that I have read show up? Right now I have to specifically look at those threads.

Even the new topic "Hat Day" did not show up; I noticed it in the list of topics. What changed?
Reply to: #972887 by Oberon_Kenobi
Mar 19, 2019 1:59pm
Board
Even the new topic "Hat Day" did not show up; I noticed it in the list of topics. What changed?

"Letterbox Chatter" is not marked as a "Favorite Board" for your account, so it doesn't show up in your "Favorite Board" list (I looked, it isn't).

At some recent point, you must have accidentally taken it off your favorites list. Simply click on the "Heart" icon with the "+" in it, at the bottom of a post, to add the board to your favorites.
Reply to: #972935 by wassamatta u
Mar 19, 2019 6:24pm
Board
At some recent point, you must have accidentally taken it off your favorites list. Simply click on the "Heart" icon with the "+" in it, at the bottom of a post, to add the board to your favorites.

That must have been it. I've made it a favorite now. I'll have to wait until someone posts to see if it worked.