Skip to Content
Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Shortest lived letterbox ever!

Re: Shortest lived letterbox ever!
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #972785 by RIclimber
Mar 17, 2019 8:53am
Board
It just seems suspicious to me that with all the stamps hanging yest. it was ONLY the bonus boxes that were hacked. Perhaps someone doesn't like BBs??
Reply to: #972770 by RIclimber
Mar 17, 2019 11:08am
Board
Did the cacher sign into the logbook? Perhaps you can contact them and explain the situation. A little education is a good thing in these times.
Reply to: #972797 by PI Joe
Mar 17, 2019 2:02pm
Board
Did the cacher sign into the logbook?

Unfortunately, there wasn't a logbook, so we couldn't catch him that way!
Reply to: #972801 by Rocklun
Mar 17, 2019 2:17pm
Board
How's about having RIClimber enter the bonus box as a geocache on the geocaching site and see if regular old hiker records a find on the internet.?
Reply to: #972802 by Wronghat
Mar 17, 2019 2:22pm
Board
Because it's only 350 feet from another geocache. They need to be 528 feet apart.

And no, none of the nearby caches have been logged. Last finder was January 6th.
Reply to: #972803 by RIclimber
Mar 17, 2019 2:30pm
Board
Hmmm. Maybe he just hasn't had time to sign in yet. Is the nearby geocache one of your own---If it is you could unlist it for a while so that you could then list the bonus box as bait.
Reply to: #972803 by RIclimber
Mar 17, 2019 3:24pm
Board
I wonder if it was the dude that passed me on the MidState trail. I got there just after Salad Rocket, around 9 am, to do the Irrational series. I was completely alone on the trail until I started up the MidState. I noticed a single male hiker, young man, coming up behind me so I pocketed my clues and just walked along and stopped at the flooded section of the trail where we veered left to go to Event central to allow him to pass me. I noted the slim profile of his orange backpack that nestled between his shoulder blades. Then I ran into RIClimber. Did not see the dude at Event central when I got there (only CoffeeSpoons was there). Hmmm.

Warrior Woman
puzzled
Reply to: #972806 by Warrior Woman
Mar 17, 2019 6:50pm
Board
That could have been him. He was a young guy with an orange backpack.