A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Postal Questions

Re: Postal Questions
Board: New Members' Board
Reply to: #972709 by Sunflower Smiles
Mar 15, 2019 7:58am
Board
Adding on to Oberon_Kenobi’s comments, those “under an ounce” postals are called micro-postals.

I have a digital kitchen scale that I use. 5 quarters weigh 1 ounce, if you ever want to check the accuracy of a scale.

If you don’t have a scale, your post office might have a self-serve scale that you can use.
====
I personally prefer the full size postal. With those, you can be more creative with your entire presentation. (You don’t have to worry about “it must be less than 1/4” thick, it must be uniform thickness, it must be < 1 ounce”.)

Those postals are mailed first class package rate, which include a tracking number. Since I have a paypal acct, I can print a mailing label at home, get a discount on postage costs, and by-pass the post office :)
Reply to: #972710 by Oberon_Kenobi
Mar 15, 2019 7:20pm
Board
Thank you! All of this information is so helpful. I appreciate it!!
Reply to: #972723 by JampersandJ
Mar 15, 2019 7:21pm
Board
Thank you! Are there any problems mailing to PO Boxes?
Reply to: #972747 by Sunflower Smiles
Mar 15, 2019 11:23pm
Board
None whatsoever, in my own experience.

In fact, I know of a few people who have PO Boxes because their home delivery isn’t as good, reliable, or secure.
Reply to: #972749 by JampersandJ
Mar 16, 2019 7:43am
Board
In fact, I know of a few people who have PO Boxes because their home delivery isn’t as good, reliable, or secure.

Our home delivery is reasonable secure but we also have a PO Box for stuff we really care about (credit cards, etc). We used to have our Atlas Quest stuff delivered there and never had s problem.