Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Gah!

Gah!
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Mar 14, 2019 6:12pm
Board
I planted a new letterbox series over the weekend and I just read that a dead body was found in the park where I planted. (It's being investigated as a homicide.)
Re: Gah!
Reply to: #972696 by Angel and Demon
Mar 14, 2019 7:00pm
Board
Make it a Mystery Box, and offer a bonus stamp if the finder also solves the murder.
Mar 14, 2019 7:25pm
Board
It is not the same, but I planted a series of six on a trail at a local park last week. A week later I went back with some folks, and the park is closed because they are redoing the baseball field -- for the next year!
Reply to: #972699 by RDHG
Mar 14, 2019 7:39pm
Board
Oh no! Hope your boxes are safe. I'm sure mine are fine; it's more upsetting that the murder happened, and it's a little creepy to have just been there.
Reply to: #972700 by Angel and Demon
Mar 14, 2019 7:43pm
Board
It is a lot creepy and understandably unnerving. ☹️
Mar 14, 2019 7:54pm
Board
you should pass the data on to mitzi phillips, the author of "the letterbox murders" its a great book and has actual letterbox at the scenes in the book
Mar 14, 2019 9:35pm
Board
Cyclonic had a box a few miles from my house on a really popular bike trail. It was just a single box but on this trail, about a mile west of the box, a man on a bicycle was being robbed by three teens and he shot one robber dead and injured another. The bicyclist had a license to carry and was exonerated because it was ruled self defense.

Then, a few months later, a little east of the box, somebody dumped a body that had been murdered elsewhere. Fortunately, there has been no crime on the trail since then and it is just as popular as it was before the crimes.
Mar 14, 2019 11:00pm
Board
Yikes.
Reply to: #972713 by Janila
Mar 15, 2019 10:24am
Board
Hopefully this is a one-off! It seems like a really nice park and when I planted, it was full of people with their kids and/or pets.
Mar 16, 2019 8:44am
Board
This has happened to me. There is some gang activity in my hometown and a body turned up in a park I have a box planted in, not in the same area though...so don’t be pointing no fingers.