A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Light & Magnification

Re: Light & Magnification
Board: Tools of the Trade
Reply to: #972585 by Dawgdok
Mar 16, 2019 8:43pm
Board
I've bought an OttLite 2-in-1 LED Magnifier Floor Lamp some time ago. This has greatly helped my carving. We purchased it at JoAnn fabric. It's a bit pricey but if you can catch it on sale or find a coupon it helps. I have large hands it definitely helps for better detailing.

https://www.joann.com/ottlite-2-in-1-led-magnifier-floor-and-table-lamp/12398111.html
Reply to: #972587 by Kirbert
Mar 19, 2019 6:26pm
Board
Since I need a prescription, I actually asked my eye doctor to write a separate prescription for "work glasses", much stronger than my reading prescription but still having my astigmatism correction.

What a great idea! I am going to ask about that.

Thanks,

~Aurora
Apr 3, 2019 4:39am
Board
I have a table top OTT light with magnifier, which I got at JoAnn's (it's now falling apart......). Unfortunately, it doesn't light up enough for me, so I use a floor OTT lamp for light.

BB
Apr 4, 2019 9:03am
Board
I have been using the Ottlight ( double necked )
Lamp and magnifier and this is what works well for me.
Good luck ..please let us know if you find something that works better for you!
Apr 5, 2019 6:16am
Board
I use the Ottlite (the one one that converts between a floor stand and table top. I angle it so my face is only a few cm from the glass. I find there are no focal point issues when I do this as my eyes are already in the center. It is like looking without it, but closer. That clear.