A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Lost Clue -- Help?

Re: Lost Clue -- Help?
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #972465 by RDHG
Mar 10, 2019 12:09pm
Board
I never list a box on my phone. I wait until I get home and do it on the laptop in the comfort of my chair. Plenty of time for composing, checking for typos, editing, etc.

And from what I've seen of clue pages on AQ, if you add a photo to the clues from a phone it loads sideways on to the page, unless that has been changed with the last update.

I'm pretty anal with clues so I want to be able to proof read and edit at my leisure.
Reply to: #972534 by MissMoon
Mar 11, 2019 6:00am
Board
I wait until I get home and do it on the laptop in the comfort of my chair.

I normally do this also but last week, I impulsively hid a box which was only going to need very simple clues. I posted the clues from my phone because I knew a friend was going to be in this remote area that same day and I wanted to give her the opportunity to find it. I knew if she had an issue with the clue (and she did) I could fix it from home. However, I would never want to add a clue which was more than a couple of words while on my phone. I do know that AQ often times out when I am adding a message or a clue but it does that either on my phone or my computer. It is just easier to type it faster on my computer and perhaps avoid the timing out.

if you add a photo to the clues from a phone it loads sideways on to the page

My photo originally loaded sideways but that often happens on my computer also. I just reduced the size of it a little and it turned itself the right way.
Reply to: #972552 by Janila
Mar 17, 2019 3:53pm
Board
My photo originally loaded sideways but that often happens on my computer also.

That's interesting. I never had it happen n the laptop. Maybe the file was just never too large.

AQ often times out when I am adding a message or a clue

Yeah, they can time out on the laptop also.
Reply to: #972808 by MissMoon
Mar 18, 2019 11:55am
Board
My photo originally loaded sideways but that often happens on my computer also.

That's interesting. I never had it happen n the laptop. Maybe the file was just never too large.

AQ often times out when I am adding a message or a clue

Yeah, they can time out on the laptop also.

Just open it in any photo editor and resave it. Dunno why, but that removes the sideways-turning formatting (technical term. Ahem.) You don't even have to change anything (unless the file is too large.) It will open rightside up in the editor. Resave it anyway. PITA, but effective.

Wry Me
keeper of very tiny trivia.
Reply to: #972843 by Wry Me
Mar 18, 2019 12:22pm
Board
Just open it in any photo editor and resave it. Dunno why, but that removes the sideways-turning formatting

Mine never load sideways on the laptop.
Reply to: #972845 by MissMoon
Mar 18, 2019 5:03pm
Board
Mine always did, and I've used 3 different ones. None were Apples, though. Maybe that's it.