Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Ima little slow to the party...

Re: Ima little slow to the party...
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Reply to: #972231 by PiggyJaunt
Feb 28, 2019 7:46pm
Board
While not applicable to me PiggyJaunt, you also have a valid point.

For me the WTH moment came when I was trying to figure out what boxes either of us had already done.

That green check mark is a terrific easy at a glance indicator to use when deciding what boxes to find when boxing with a buddy so that neither of us is doing a repeat.
Reply to: #972233 by Dawnkey
Feb 28, 2019 7:47pm
Board
Not shooting the messenger but really?

There was nothing wrong with easy peasy...

Your explanation & help is appreciated.

But I still prefer easy peasy.
Reply to: #972228 by Three FLAmigo's
Mar 1, 2019 4:56am
Board
Yes please bring back green check marks, they are so very helpful to me.
Reply to: #972228 by Three FLAmigo's
Mar 1, 2019 4:59am
Board
Unfortunately GT is in Jordan (yes, you read correctly) and will not be back for a while. I’m sure he will comment upon his return.

BB
Mar 1, 2019 7:25am
Board
Of course you can get around this using advanced search. Type in a location, narrow it down to traditional boxes or event boxes or whatever you like, and then put your friend's trail name in the Finder box. You'll get a list of their finds complete with the little green check marks so you can see which ones you found and which ones you didn't.

Or you can do the same thing but also put your own trail name in the Hide Finder box. Then you'll get a list of what your friend found that you haven't logged as finds yet.

And why should one have to do all that when before the update you could just LOOK??? It seems to me that doing all that instead of just looking at the info is not an update. That's going backwards, more of a downgrade.

And yes BB I know he's in Jordan.
Mar 1, 2019 5:01pm
Board
Learned something new. Wow, that really works.
Reply to: #972241 by Bungalow Boxer
Mar 5, 2019 7:03am
Board
I’m sure he will comment upon his return.

I wasn't really planning to. I already posted my thoughts on the subject--everyone hates whatever I change anyhow, so I'm doing what I want--an actual logbook.

Searches can be found on the search page.

Maybe I'll add some premium member "search perks" on the logbook when I finish the Jordan Trail.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #972372 by Green Tortuga
Mar 5, 2019 7:16pm
Board
[...] when I finish the Jordan Trail.

You know, after you finish the Jordan Trail you can come to Utah and hike the Jordan River Trail. You even can hike off-road all of the way from Utah Lake to Hinkley Drive in Ogden. You could do it in one day since it is fairly level, though not your typical hike.

You can even take another day and hike the trail around Ogden: Start at Cottonwood Drive by the Weber River, hike to the confluence with the Ogden River, the Bonneville Shoreline Trail to Beus Creek, and all of the way to Ogden Peak (9,579 feet or 2,920 m) and down the other side. Once in the mountains you can even camp. Again, not your typical hike, but there are many trails in our mountains.

Come to Utah, and take a hike!