A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Reuse...why?

Re: Reuse...why?
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Reply to: #972247 by RIclimber
Mar 1, 2019 9:07am
Board
But if the envelope is about 6 by 9 inch it's physically impossible for the cards to slide out all the way and form a lump.
Reply to: #972249 by Linden Leaf
Mar 1, 2019 12:17pm
Board
But does it remain bendable? If not, to any arbitrary clerk' s standard, it can possibly cost more, be sent back or whatnot.
Reply to: #972255 by Team Awesome Pants
Mar 1, 2019 12:35pm
Board
Yes. True. But it seems bendable enough. I have been seeing a lot of smaller manila envelopes sent to me as a host. So I decided to start doing it as a participant. And so far I haven't had any trouble as a host or as a participant.
Reply to: #972256 by Linden Leaf
Mar 1, 2019 1:04pm
Board
A small tracker, say 9 cards, usually can work in just 1/3 if a sheet with 3 cards per slot so no folding. Woodshed made 3 slot holders from 3 small zip bags (3”x4”) taped together for a 10x5 or a little larger envelope. The size limit on a letter size envelope is up to 6 1/8” tall and 11 1/2” wide. I have been cutting down some large flats to make the letter size. Plus extra ounces are only $.15 now instead of $.21. Lots of ways to save!
Reply to: #972257 by Kiss'n Karin
Mar 1, 2019 2:12pm
Board
I have been cutting down some large flats to make the letter size.

Just a reminder to keep in mind that if you are making it fit the “letter size” requirements, the total thickness cannot exceed 1/4”. The thickness for the larger “flats” is up to 3/4”.
Reply to: #972260 by Wise Wanderer
Mar 1, 2019 3:44pm
Board
Yes!!

So the flat mailers need to be AT LEAST 6 1/8 x 11 1/2 inches. Otherwise they ship as a letter
Reply to: #972263 by Linden Leaf
Mar 1, 2019 5:42pm
Board
I came across this site while googling dentritic painting for Beetle’s art tracker — it has some great postal pointers!

http://mailmesomeart.blogspot.com/p/postal-points.html