Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Help?

Help?
Board: LTC: Tips, Questions, and Stuff
Feb 20, 2019 4:14pm
Board
I'm working on a set of LTC's using Gesso and Gelatos. I used Versafine ink to stamp my image onto the card but them ink won't dry. They've been sitting for 3 hours and they are still wet. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Re: Help?
Reply to: #971838 by 4 J's
Feb 20, 2019 4:23pm
Board
I recently used gelatos on a card, and it behaves like watercolor in that it needs to "soak in" to the paper. If the paper is coated with gesso, the gelatos will remain on the surface and smear or smudge easily, along with anything you stamp on top of it. If possible, consider not using gesso underneath, add water when applying gelatos, and after they dry, stamp with Stazon (solvent ink). That process worked for me in a recent tracker. Good luck.
Feb 20, 2019 7:14pm
Board
I had the same problem recently -- I used a hair dryer on each card for a few minutes and then let them sit overnight. The versafine was dry in the morning (I tried rubbing the stamped images and they didn't smear).

[Edit: I live in a very dry climate - if the humidity is high, it might take longer to dry]
Feb 20, 2019 9:24pm
Board
What they said! Also, you can also use gesso OVER your stamped image; it depends on what effect you're looking for, and how you want to use your color mediums...there is no right or wrong; just options for how to play!😀
Reply to: #971854 by Gypsy Fiddler
Feb 21, 2019 6:54am
Board
I REALLY appreciate all the tips! You guys are awesome!