A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Gettysburg ?s

Re: Gettysburg ?s
Board: State: Pennsylvania
Reply to: #971827 by photopam
Feb 21, 2019 2:44am
Board
Pine Grove State Park. It doesn't have full hook ups, but there electric sites. Close to letterboxes. :)

PP
Reply to: #971827 by photopam
Feb 21, 2019 5:05am
Board
Our favorite campground is the Drummer Boy Camping Resort. Beautiful pool and great activities.

I also recommend visiting the Eisenhower National Historic Site. You need to take a shuttle bus there that you pick up at the Gettysburg visitor's center.

Have Fun!
Reply to: #971856 by Pink Panther
Feb 21, 2019 6:04am
Board
Pine Grove State Park. It doesn't have full hook ups, but there electric sites. Close to letterboxes. :)

Thanks,
Hubs decided last night he doesn't want to pull the trailer that far yet. So now we're looking at normal lodging like cabins, hotels, airbnb.

I'm not sure we will have time to go to any state parks now. :(
It sounds wonderful.
Reply to: #971858 by Lowland Lass
Feb 21, 2019 6:09am
Board
Our favorite campground is the Drummer Boy Camping Resort. Beautiful pool and great activities.

I also recommend visiting the Eisenhower National Historic Site. You need to take a shuttle bus there that you pick up at the Gettysburg visitor's center.

I think I looked at this one last night right before hubby decided he doesn't want to take the trailer that far....

I'd like to visit Eisenhower HS, but hubby probably won't. Maybe I can leave him to roam the battlefield, and I'll go with the kids. ;)

Thanks!
Reply to: #971859 by photopam
Feb 21, 2019 1:59pm
Board
It does have a cabin, Paymasters, and there is a hostel there too. There might be cabins nearby to rent too.

Have fun whatever you end up! Gettysburg is awesome too.