A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Trekking to Indy

Re: Trekking to Indy
Board: State: Indiana
Reply to: #971718 by Trekkie Gal
Feb 19, 2019 12:11pm
Board
Just looked up the forecast, and it's supposed to rain. That's a big nope from me! Guess I'll have to come down again some other time to hit Crown Hill.

TG
Reply to: #971786 by DeeCee
Feb 19, 2019 12:20pm
Board
I was going to suggest the Benjamin Harrison one, but I guess maybe not. :( It was a good reason to find the cemetery's high point. The view there is very nice. I think there are still a couple others in that general area.

I would second the Paddle Your Own Canoe. The Cindarella selfie is also particularly fun. There is a nice mix of boxes to be found. There are several that don't give the exact section where they are found so you have to work a little harder, but they're good finds if you manage to figure them out.
Reply to: #971792 by Trekkie Gal
Feb 19, 2019 3:35pm
Board
If you plan another trip, I may be available to serve as a navigator around town.
Feb 20, 2019 7:30am
Board
Just looked up the forecast, and it's supposed to rain.

Stay flexible--the rain could come earlier, later or not at all....

Love the crazy weather
Reply to: #971794 by Rocket Raider
Feb 20, 2019 9:47am
Board
I had a couple people tell me that the bushes where the Benjamin box was planted had Abeen cut way back. I know some of the groundskeeper there know the boxes are there throughout the cemetery and usually don’t bother them. Benjamin may have accidentally been cut in half or something. But I will replace it.
Thank you so much for going to recommend my box to someone, that makes me feel good that I put it in a place that you enjoyed.
Feb 20, 2019 10:57am
Board
Come down the 3rd week in March. We could meet up at CHC
Reply to: #971824 by DeeCee
Feb 21, 2019 11:05am
Board
Come down the 3rd week in March. We could meet up at CHC

I'll have to see what my schedule is like. I'll let you know.

TG