A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Unlisted finds

Re: Unlisted finds
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Reply to: #971684 by Teacup
Feb 18, 2019 6:18am
Board
I just looked at my last 100 finds, and 58 of them are 'unlisted'.
Feb 18, 2019 6:22am
Board
Re-record each unlisted find and place LbNA as the first word in the new title. Then search that word (LbNA). There's your list! Then go through again and delete the old finds. Have fun! 🤡🤓🤔

Try this:
Go to an "all" and ""Owner" search which should show up to 500.
Feb 18, 2019 6:29am
Board
I've got the same problem. We did some unlisted series this weekend that aren't showing
Reply to: #971696 by Public Hand
Feb 18, 2019 6:39am
Board
There's a way! Did I miss this before or was it added? There's a box for "starts with" at the top. So to search for a box you found that starts with the letter "M" but you don't know what year you found it, put the letter "M" in that box and set the other search parameters to "All" and "Alphabetical". That's good. That's actually better than it was before. I pulled up 309 boxes that start with the letter 'M'. Was that "starts with" box always there and I just didn't see it? Thank you Ryan!
Reply to: #971685 by SherlockMiles
Feb 18, 2019 8:02am
Board
Having "unlisted" as a filter type on the profile page would be great!

I'm not sure what you mean. There's already options to download your "unlisted finds" and "unlisted attempts" along with the other options.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #971708 by Green Tortuga
Feb 18, 2019 8:39am
Board
When I click on My Profile and then click on my Finds number , I get a listing of all of my finds. What I naively had in my mind was an entry under "Box Type" at the top of the page that was "Unlisted".

The download my unlisted finds or attempts - is this using Advanced Search?

Feel free to ignore comment chain as well.....
Reply to: #971714 by SherlockMiles
Feb 18, 2019 8:52am
Board
What I naively had in my mind was an entry under "Box Type" at the top of the page that was "Unlisted".

It's not actually a box "type," though. Even unlisted boxes can be categorized as traditional finds, postals, LTCs, etc. For this to work, I'd have to add another option to distinguish between listed boxes, unlisted boxes and both types of boxes.

The download my unlisted finds or attempts - is this using Advanced Search?

No, the links are at the end of your profile page. These links aren't actually "searches" (which can be very slow). Instead, they're largely just data dumps of the AQ database. Each of the links dumps the relevant data from a different table in the database.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #971717 by Green Tortuga
Feb 18, 2019 9:44am
Board
Thank you for this helpful info and your patience with us unsophisticated users.
Reply to: #971717 by Green Tortuga
Feb 18, 2019 9:52am
Board
Maybe there needs to be "Ticker" across the AQ page stating these importent changes!😜🙂💁🏼