A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Sad...

Re: Sad...Linden Leaf
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Reply to: #971424 by Linden Leaf
Feb 13, 2019 6:02pm
Board
Aah. I am pleased with some of my carvings, and I feel like a novice with others. I have no confidence carving people, and I feel like I cannot find a gouge narrow enough for some details.
Re: Sad...
Reply to: #971418 by RDHG
Feb 13, 2019 6:52pm
Board
Honestly, I feel intimidated sometimes, but it's something in me.
Words of encouragement. ... your art should make you happy. Find your joy not in comparison to others, but something you created that means something to you. I bet they are great!
This is the most helpful, encouraging group of people. Everyone is so supportive & shares tips & techniques.
Re: Sad...Linden Leaf
Reply to: #971426 by RDHG
Feb 13, 2019 7:09pm
Board
Oh ok. I don't know if anyone is really ever satisfied with a their details. It seems it's a natural tendency to push ourselves at times to carve more detail than some of our previous stamps. But at least you are pleased with some of your stamps. Otherwise it would be discouraging!!
Reply to: #971425 by Linden Leaf
Feb 13, 2019 7:57pm
Board
Nope. No. Not gonna look! I always think my cards look like a kindergartner made the compared to the amazing things you all create!!
Reply to: #971429 by The Vs
Feb 13, 2019 8:06pm
Board
Well if that's what you think(which is totally not a true interpretation)...then I will tell you that I like kindergarten artwork and would love to see it in my queens swap.
Feb 14, 2019 6:21am
Board
I know I'm late to this party but I just wanted to say that often times I feel the same as you. I join LTC trackers because I enjoy the time I spend on them even when they look like juvenile art compared to others. I've learned not to compare myself to the LTC masters and just do what brings me joy.
Reply to: #971417 by Linden Leaf
Feb 14, 2019 8:19am
Board
OK, I will join, and will try something new (to me). Will this be a wonderful card? Oh, dear ~ no promises!
Feb 14, 2019 10:50am
Board
Don't tempt me like this! You know I always enjoy your trackers! Your cards are always wonderful!

::Must stay strong..::
::Already working on cards for another tracker::
::Must stay strong::
::But this tracker is due before the other one::
::Must stay strong..::
Reply to: #971446 by Only Dreaming
Feb 14, 2019 10:56am
Board
No. You are weak. You have no self control.
Feb 15, 2019 5:42am
Board
Mrs V - Are you kidding me? I always look forward to your cards and I am always excited to be in a swap wth you! LOOK, LOOK!!!
Feb 16, 2019 11:47am
Board
Jiffy, thank you for taking the last spot! I was on the fence about doing it. But I wasn't sure if I could fit it in time.