About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Message Boards - Simple Summary Expanded Views

Message Boards - Simple Summary Expanded Views
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Feb 10, 2019 11:58am
Board
The look of the message lists has changed and previously my default view was always Simple but now it seems that every time I go into my message boards the view isn't Simple and seems to randomly change to any of the settings. If I set the view to Simple, go into a message then back out of the message the view resets to Expanded. This change is quite annoying.
Re: Message Boards - Simple Summary Expanded Views
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #971297 by Phoenix Rizing
Feb 10, 2019 5:41pm
Board
it seems that every time I go into my message boards the view isn't Simple and seems to randomly change to any of the settings.

There's nothing random about it--you probably just don't understand how the links work.

If you want a link that always opens in the simple view, you need to use a link that explicitly states "view=simple" in the URL parameters. I've gone ahead and added such a link to the bottom of your 'Boards' menubar option.

For anyone else who wants such a link, bookmark the link for https://www.atlasquest.com/boards/read.php?view=simple. It will always open you to the last page of messages set the simple view. (Don't click this link then bookmark it--bookmark this actual link. If you click it first, AQ will add the startId to the URL and you'll forever be linking to the same page of posts.)

-- Ryan