About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Are you funnier than me??

Are you funnier than me??
Board: Event News and Planning
Feb 7, 2019 7:04pm
Board
I'm organizing a humor themed event and I'm not a funny person! I'm a very talented gardener, cook, teacher, carver and other things... But I need help with funny series of stamps! Ideas, suggestions? Throw 'em at me!!!

Literally, I'm the person who laughs at the joke a minute later than everyone else...
Re: Are you funnier than me??
Reply to: #971189 by Fantastic Mrs. Fox
Feb 7, 2019 7:07pm
Board
I thought #12 in your Texas Fish Series was funny.
Feb 7, 2019 7:35pm
Board
"The Far Side" by Gary Larson.
I loved the desk calendars we would get at the beginning of the year with a new one of his cartoon/jokes to enjoy every day.
There have been several times that I thought how cool of an event that would be to have the stamps be Far Side images.
Anyways, just throwing it out there, probably copyright issues trying to rip the images off the WWW, but if someone saved their calendars???
Feb 7, 2019 8:38pm
Board
Questions (‘cause I might have ideas), what is the time schedule for your event? And, are you looking for stamps or ideas that you will carve?
Reply to: #971193 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
Feb 8, 2019 4:33am
Board
We are having it first weekend of april so I have time. I am looking for ideas that I can carve but if you want to send stuff, I am totally ok with planting it for you!!!
Reply to: #971201 by Fantastic Mrs. Fox
Feb 8, 2019 9:03am
Board
I am looking for ideas that I can carve but if you want to send stuff

I just participated in a visual pun ltc tracker that I thought was pretty fun so things along that vein could have funny images...
Feb 8, 2019 7:25pm
Board
We were once part of a postal that shared favorite cartoons. Ours was of Snoopy piloting his sopwith camel against the Red Baron. Another postal shared the various inhabitants of Bikini Bottom. That was a fun one to receive.
Reply to: #971192 by Three FLAmigo's
Feb 9, 2019 7:17am
Board
Calvin and Hobbes have some great fodder for humor, too.