About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit

Read Thread: Posting to a Board that is not in the Drop Down menu

Posting to a Board that is not in the Drop Down menu
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Feb 6, 2019 6:29am
Board
Maybe I'm missing something, but I cannot determine how to post to a Message Board if it is not one of the Boards in the drop down menu.
Re: Posting to a Board that is not in the Drop Down menu
Reply to: #971125 by Dartmoor Dreamer
Feb 6, 2019 8:34am
Board
I cannot determine how to post to a Message Board if it is not one of the Boards in the drop down menu.

You probably have to change the group. There are hundreds of boards on AQ and the list is a bit unwieldy, but different member groups have different boards. By default, the "Everybody" group is selected and the boards in that are letterboxing related. If you change to the "Yakking It Up" group, you'll see "chatty" boards. If you change to the "United States Letterboxing" group, you'll find the state and regional boards for the United States.

I'm not sure what board you were looking for, but you won't see it as an option unless you select the correct group first.

On a somewhat-related note, I just found a bug where, when you're reading a board and click the "Start New Thread" button, it's supposed to open the posting page to automatically select the group/board of the board you were currently reading. (If you're reading messages from "all boards" or something, it'll default to the Everybody group and ask you to select a board.)

But when you're reading messages from a particular board, it's supposed to automatically set that board as the default when you post and it wasn't doing that. So if that was causing your problem, the issue should be fixed now.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #971134 by Green Tortuga
Feb 6, 2019 10:00am
Board
But when you're reading messages from a particular board, it's supposed to automatically set that board as the default when you post and it wasn't doing that. So if that was causing your problem, the issue should be fixed now.

automatically select the group/board of the board you were currently reading. (If you're reading messages from "all boards" or something, it'll default to the Everybody group and ask you to select a board.)

If I'm reading correctly, to start a new Help Desk discussion, first you need to open a Help Desk thread to only that particular discussion thread, or only that board.
Then Start a New Thread will default to that board.

Previously, when opening a message from Simple to Expanded, you got only that one message and could start a new thread from there. Since opening one message defaults to all messages being expanded, the Langloiers don't know which board you want so you must fill in the blank.

Got it, I think.
Reply to: #971134 by Green Tortuga
Feb 6, 2019 11:43am
Board
On a somewhat-related note, I just found a bug where, when you're reading a board and click the "Start New Thread" button, it's supposed to open the posting page to automatically select the group/board of the board you were currently reading. (If you're reading messages from "all boards" or something, it'll default to the Everybody group and ask you to select a board.)

This was my exact dilemma.

Thanks for the fix!!
Reply to: #971141 by Dartmoor Dreamer
Feb 6, 2019 3:08pm
Board
I had that problem last night. I didn't realize it was a bug. Thanks Ryan for the fix

~Aurora