About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Ignore Thread

Ignore Thread
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Feb 6, 2019 4:08am
Board
Simple view I see grayed out Thread button with an X.
I click on the grayed out, X icon and it takes me to the Ignore Thread page.
Asks if I want to Ignore Thread.

In the Expanded view I see the full color Thread which takes me to the full thread.

If I open a message from Simple, I then see the full color Thread button and can move on to the entire thread.

Okay, got it.
I use the Thread button a lot.

It just bugs me that if I don't go all the way back by "Back button arrow" I'm again dumped into Expanded view.
Yeah, I know I can again click on the Simple button, but I'm OLD. I don't take to changes like the young'uns do.
(close whine)
Re: Ignore Thread
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #971122 by Grrly Girl
Feb 6, 2019 8:19am
Board
It just bugs me that if I don't go all the way back by "Back button arrow" I'm again dumped into Expanded view.

We can improve your experience. You have very specific needs and desires about how you want things to work, so let's see if we can make things work better for you. =)

It sounds like you want a link that will show you all recent posts in the simple view? AQ doesn't provide such a link, but there's no reason you can't create one for yourself. Add a new link to your Boards menu (or browser or wherever you prefer) that points to https://www.atlasquest.com/boards/read.php?view=simple.

The read.php points you to the page of messages, and without anything indicating where to start viewing messages, it just shows the last page of them. The "view=simple" tells AQ to open the window in the "simple" view.

Just the act of clicking on the button will open the message boards to the last page of messages in the simple view.

It also sounds like you want to the links to the messages to open a thread, so I've added that option for both the simple and summary pages. It seems logical that anyone on the simple and summary pages who opens a thread would want the thread expanded, so I have the links automatically set to use the expanded view.

Now you can use your own custom link to open the simple view, then use the thread links to open individual threads in the expanded view and never actually have to click the simple/summary/expand buttons. =)

Unless I misunderstood something about how you use the message boards.

-- Ryan