A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Hyperlinks

Re: Hyperlinks
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #970837 by Quite Contrary
Jan 30, 2019 5:52am
Board
Go here and scroll down to the Linking the Web Together section.
Reply to: #970837 by Quite Contrary
Jan 30, 2019 8:39am
Board
Reply to: #970845 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
Jan 30, 2019 10:58am
Board
Better link:

Depends on one's message board settings. For most people, it's the wiki markup because that's the default on AQ.

But people can use whatever link is under their "Boards" menu. It links to either the wiki or HTML help depending on the person's preferences.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #970849 by Green Tortuga
Jan 30, 2019 7:28pm
Board
At the outset I’ll admit my knowledge of coding (and mind-reading the OP) is weak at best... 😄

But I took the OP to mean that they were interested in using a word as a link. Clicking Dawnkey’s link doesn’t take me to a way to do that. Maybe it has something to do with defaults? I haven’t changed or set my defaults that I know of.

In any case, my second link should have made it clear.

~DZ
Reply to: #970874 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
Jan 30, 2019 8:26pm
Board
But I took the OP to mean that they were interested in using a word as a link. Clicking Dawnkey’s link doesn’t take me to a way to do that.

Hmm, unless I'm missing something you and I both posted links to different versions of the same page. I posted to the wiki-style markup page and you posted to the html-style markup page. Like Ryan said, the link that's helpful to people depends on which way they've set their markup preference for the boards.
Reply to: #970877 by Dawnkey
Jan 30, 2019 10:40pm
Board
No, it was me that was missing something. Like I said, coding is not my strong point. I experimented with the link you posted and see that it works just as well. I wasn’t experienced with that style of coding.

Carry on...