Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Seeking Events

Seeking Events
Board: Event News and Planning
Jan 30, 2019 5:27am
Board
As we are just getting back to the game, I am eager to find some events that will be stamp heavy and at a maximum of about six hours from us here in the Lake Norman, NC, area. Yes, I am looking at the events list, yet I would appreciate any tips about upcoming events, too. Thank you!
Re: Seeking Events
Reply to: #970834 by RDHG
Jan 30, 2019 5:30am
Board
Geek Fest in Raleigh.
Jan 30, 2019 5:46am
Board
Mercury Rising is about 6 hours from you in Middleburg, VA in November. It's a weekend long event, with nightboxing. It's going to be a blast!
Jan 30, 2019 6:45am
Board
Howdy and welcome back!! After Geekfest - Letterboxing gone WILD (animals!!!) in September in Raleigh and then Ready, Set, GO! in Mistletoe, GA in November will both be fantastically super awesome large scale events! Mistletoe State Park is at the very top of GA, so you can scoot through SC and join in the transportation themed excitement! So excited to see you at upcoming events!

Super Hedge Hoggie
Jan 30, 2019 8:17am
Board
I don’t know the answer to your specific question but you can find a list of published events here:

https://www.atlasquest.com/events/
Re: Seeking Events -- Acorns4u
Reply to: #970835 by Acorns4u
Jan 30, 2019 1:50pm
Board
Thank you bunches! I did hear about that event, and I am reeally hoping to get to part of it. I need to connect with the event planner. That should be super fun!
Re: Seeking Events -- Rebiccola
Reply to: #970838 by Rebiccola
Jan 30, 2019 1:53pm
Board
Thank you! I actually looked at that event. It is about as far as I would like to drive, so I was unsure. Since it comes recommended, I may have to give it a more serious look!
Jan 30, 2019 1:55pm
Board
I am looking at the events list, yet I would appreciate any tips about upcoming events, too.

How about coming to visit ME?
https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?eventId=4136

Ok, it might be a TAD far, to Westford MA... but think of the FUN!
Reply to: #970840 by Super Hedge Hoggie
Jan 30, 2019 1:57pm
Board
Oh, SHH, it is good to see your smiling name! I have some questions about Geekfest. We need to chat. ;-)
Re: Seeking Events -- DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
Reply to: #970844 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
Jan 30, 2019 2:01pm
Board
Thank you bunches! I actually do know where to find the events listing, yet I was looking for personal recommendations.
Re: Seeking Events -- wassamatta u
Reply to: #970861 by wassamatta u
Jan 30, 2019 2:15pm
Board
Ha! That would absolutely be super fun. I even thought about it for half a second. Boy's band is playing that weekend, though, so we do need to be in town. Surely the antics will be at a high level!
Reply to: #970860 by RDHG
Jan 31, 2019 7:14am
Board
To be honest, I am biased because I am one of the Flight Directors (co-host). But Night0wl has already starting carving some amazing stamps and we've got some neat things in the works.
Jan 31, 2019 8:30am
Board
If you are up for a pre-summer adventure, I am hosting an event in Indiana in May. We have wonderful state parks and camping. Glad to see you back in the game!!

https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?eventId=4109
Reply to: #970887 by Rebiccola
Feb 1, 2019 5:17am
Board
Haha. I gotcha. Do you know yet if it will be annevent that is light or heavy on stamps?
Re: Seeking Events -- jlsd0218
Reply to: #970890 by jlsd0218
Feb 1, 2019 5:18am
Board
I appreciate the heads up about the event. That is the same weekend as an event here in NC. 😉
Reply to: #970924 by RDHG
Feb 1, 2019 6:00am
Board
Considering that the NC definition of "heavy on stamps" seems to be around 400 stamps, I'll have to say we are a bit lighter. Based on my experience hosting an event last spring, and thinking on what we have planned, I expect us to have at least 100 stamps.