A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Can I just vent

Re: Can I just vent
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #970776 by Crazyolis
Jan 29, 2019 11:36am
Board
You will have a blast with the ones who show. Post lots of (potentially) jealousy-inducing photos to Facebook. Love the one you're with.
Reply to: #970790 by Goofy girl
Jan 29, 2019 12:23pm
Board
The third weekend in July! You wanna come....you can be part of the family!
Reply to: #970776 by Crazyolis
Jan 29, 2019 7:49pm
Board
I totally get you on this! I've lost a lot of "friends" over the past few years because of their inability to be reliable. We'd schedule just a simple lunch for a few weeks out and then I'd be on my way there, sometimes driving for a solid chunk of time, for them to text me and be like "oh, my mom says I can't go." Is that so? You're 23 and your mother says you can go out for pizza at 11:30 on a tuesday? Then an hour later they're posting on snapchat that they're out bowling or something with another friend.

I think it's part of the new "millennial culture" where nothing is urgent and reliability and expectations are jokes...

I really really like the idea of a "venting event". I don't want to promise anything but I will make every effort to go no matter where it is and will ONLY rsvp yes if I know I can make it :)
Reply to: #970822 by buddyjumper
Jan 30, 2019 7:39am
Board
I really really like the idea of a "venting event".

Festivus occurs every year and includes airing of grievances...
Reply to: #970800 by Crazyolis
Jan 31, 2019 4:24pm
Board
Ill check the calendar!
Reply to: #970901 by Goofy girl
Jan 31, 2019 5:57pm
Board
Im sorry i so wish i could come and be family -one kid comes back from camp, family reunjon for hubbys side that weekend and hibby is out of town...