About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Raisin' 'em right

Raisin' 'em right
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Jan 23, 2019 9:33pm
Board
A few of my students have stayed after school to carve sig stamps and learn about letterboxing. One of them has planted two boxes in the neighborhood, but what really made my day was the way he asked his letterboxing friend to our middle school dance.
Re: Raisin' 'em right
Reply to: #970629 by Wry Me
Jan 24, 2019 9:24am
Board
I’m not crying, you’re crying! Someone get me a tissue.
Reply to: #970640 by Trishee
Jan 24, 2019 4:50pm
Board
I know! And he did letters. So if a 13-year-old can do it, I guess we should stop freaking out about them. Kids are so awesome.
Reply to: #970629 by Wry Me
Feb 13, 2019 12:00pm
Board
OK, so the down side of getting my beloved fomites involved in this hobby is when they come to you first thing in the morning and say, "Did you really make your reservations using your trail name?" in reference to something you posted, and you immediately think, "Oh, $#!+ crap. What else did I say?" Would you like coffee with your heart attack this morning?
Re:: Raisin' 'em right
Reply to: #971409 by Wry Me
Mar 5, 2019 4:35pm
Board
OK, so the down side of getting my beloved fomites involved in this hobby is when they come to you first thing in the morning and say, "Did you really make your reservations using your trail name?" in reference to something you posted, and you immediately think, "Oh, $#!+ crap. What else did I say?"

And another downside: "Are we having a sub so you can go letterboxing?" I used tabletops to stamp their homework assignments as a bribe. :)