A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: How many?

by aMAZEing adventure frogProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: LTC: Tips, Questions, and Stuff
A LOT of trial and error. :)
by InkTapProfileContactLogbookNote
I start with a basic design in my head which usually morphs as I make the cards. I have a couple odd ball cards with a small degree of variation for my themes. Recently, I produced a set of cards and was disappointed when I looked back at my original...
by DarkZen and Evil Cow PieProfileContactLogbookNote
... Amen to that!!! We usually spend a few days thinking of of a design. We discuss different possibilities for each design consideration before finally settling on one. After carving, we print a few to experiment with regarding color, background an...
by Gypsy FiddlerProfileContactLogbookNote
I heavily consider the carve, which is the hardest part of creating a card for me. Once I have carved my image, I think I average two or three different card designs before I settle into the one that "works". I'll have to say that occasionally I create...
by aMAZEing adventure frogProfileContactLogbookNote
Hope I'm remembering this correctly: Louis Armstrong once recorded a song in the studio. Then he and his band re-recorded it again and again and again trying to get it just right. After 100 recordings, they decided the first one was the best and used...
by Wise WandererProfileContactLogbookNote
... That is my perspective also. I work slowly, and enjoy the process as I work. It’s relaxing for me. The day I find it stressful, rushed, and no longer enjoyable, is the day I’ll hang up my gouge and markers and be done.
by Gypsy FiddlerProfileContactLogbookNote
I've heard that too, AAF, and it is so true!
by photopamProfileContactLogbookNote
I do this too, but if I have too much time I tend to wander away and get lost in thought, put it aside as i ponder, forget about it a while, then I am rushed as the due date is tomorrow. I need a good balance of thinking time and a deadline. :)