A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Planning a plant

Re: Planning a plant
Board: Stupider Questions About Letterboxing
Reply to: #970038 by Maude
Jan 5, 2019 6:49am
Board
I would add one tip: when you create a Reserved listing, select a plant date far enough in the future you have plenty of time to get everything ready.

This is ok if you have a general idea of when you want to plant. I have had boxes on my reserved list for over two years just waiting for the best place to plant. When I finally plant them, I just change the date when I activate them.
Reply to: #970040 by Janila
Jan 6, 2019 8:24am
Board
So you're saying a reserved box can go past it's estimated plant date, and it doesn't go active automatically? Oh, good. I thought maybe …
Reply to: #970092 by Maude
Jan 6, 2019 9:27am
Board
So you're saying a reserved box can go past it's estimated plant date, and it doesn't go active automatically?

I currently have boxes on my reserved list dating back to 2015. I have been on a planting binge for the past two weeks and have cleaned a lot of them out and all I do is change the date to the actual plant date before I activate the clues.
Reply to: #970096 by Janila
Jan 6, 2019 10:31am
Board
all I do is change the date to the actual plant date before I activate the clues.

I'd recommend doing that after you activate the clues. Off the top of my head, I think AQ might automatically set the plant date to the activation date because I know a lot of people don't edit that sort of thing when they make a box live and if you make it live, there's a good chance that is the plant date. (Or, at very least, very close to it.)

I could be wrong.... this is off the top of my head and I'd have to look at the code to be 100% certain. But there's definitely no harm in changing the plant date after it's activated and you have to edit the listing anyhow to mark attributes, add a location and anything else that's specific to the box type you activated. (The reserved listing only let's you add options that are the same for all box types.)

-- Ryan