A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: LBNA to AQ

Re: LBNA to AQ
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #969562 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
Dec 20, 2018 7:48pm
Board
unless you have express written consent from the original box owner you can’t list a box on AQ as yourself as the owner.

I don't think consent has to be written--it could be a person's last gasp--I'll try to make it mine.
Reply to: #969559 by photopam
Dec 20, 2018 9:52pm
Board
What if a box is listed on both sites and not linked to each other. And box owner dies. It becomes adoptable on LBNA.

I do let people adopt boxes on AQ if the owner dies. They clearly don't mind it being on AQ if they listed it themselves, after all, and I don't want the box to become trash by leaving it abandoned, and it's clearly impossible to get permission from them after they kick the bucket.

So presumably, whoever adopts the box on LbNA would also adopt the box on AQ.

But you're describing a different scenario than the original question asked. Basically, I try to respect the wishes of the planter--even after their death.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #969569 by Green Tortuga
Dec 21, 2018 4:38am
Board
Yeap, different senerio, but related. As i said, the OP got me thinking about it.

Another senerio is the owner didn't die, just hasn't logged on in years. Box is adopted on LBNA. What happens to listing here? I've seen a few boxes around here that are abandoned on LBNA, but I think those are linked here. But what if they weren't?

Okay, I need to stop thinking about all the senerios. :D
Reply to: #969576 by photopam
Dec 24, 2018 11:34pm
Board
Another senerio is the owner didn't die, just hasn't logged on in years. Box is adopted on LBNA. What happens to listing here?

Nothing. LbNA doesn't make decisions about how adoptions on AQ work. If you can get the owner to agree to let you adopt the box, though, they can transfer ownership to you. If they don't agree, you can't adopt the box here.

I've seen a few boxes around here that are abandoned on LBNA, but I think those are linked here.

If the clue is hosted elsewhere and you get access to that, you can change those clues. If the clue is hosted on AQ, you won't be able to change them without the owner's permission.

-- Ryan