Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: LBNA to AQ

by YankocatsProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Box owner was deceased for several years. This box is from LBNA, contact webmaster by email saying box is now adoptable. So Choi(Lbna webmaster) did asked me what number and he did legally changed ownership of box to my trail name. It is done deal and...
by Warrior WomanProfileContactLogbookNote
Bless you for keeping a long loved box alive. Did I just hear a bell ring? Warrior Woman 'every time a bell rings, an angel get its wings'
by Oberon_KenobiProfileContactLogbookNote
... By my understanding of the rules you should be able to list it here. Nevertheless, wait until GT responds and says that it is okay.
by Green TortugaProfileContactLogbookNote
... If the original owner didn't want their box listed on AQ, then you shouldn't do it! Respect their wishes. Just because they died doesn't mean their opinion no longer counts. I don't care if someone else told you it's okay--it's not. Ignore that ad...
by DarkZen and Evil Cow PieProfileContactLogbookNote
... ... on LBNA only. Choi can allow you to be the listed owner of that box on that site but it has no bearing on what other webmasters must do. They have the right to respect that or not.
by photopamProfileContactLogbookNote
Okay, question. What if a box is listed on both sites and not linked to each other. And box owner dies. It becomes adoptable on LBNA. Someone adopts it. What of the listing of the same box on AQ? How would that work?
by DarkZen and Evil Cow PieProfileContactLogbookNote
... Sorry, I’m not trying to be snippy (nor do I have any authority here) but how is that (A) relevant to the original question and (B) not answered by the posted links and answered by Ryan himself? Unless I’m terrible confused the situation is clea...
Reading the op had me wondering. Say I had a box named Christmas and had it listed with clues on both sites separately. I died. Now my Christmas box is adoptable on LBNA. Someone adopts it. But what of the same Christmas box listing on AQ? If...
by WronghatProfileContactLogbookNote
... I don't think consent has to be written--it could be a person's last gasp--I'll try to make it mine.
... I do let people adopt boxes on AQ if the owner dies. They clearly don't mind it being on AQ if they listed it themselves, after all, and I don't want the box to become trash by leaving it abandoned, and it's clearly impossible to get permission fro...
Yeap, different senerio, but related. As i said, the OP got me thinking about it. Another senerio is the owner didn't die, just hasn't logged on in years. Box is adopted on LBNA. What happens to listing here? I've seen a few boxes around here tha...
... Nothing. LbNA doesn't make decisions about how adoptions on AQ work. If you can get the owner to agree to let you adopt the box, though, they can transfer ownership to you. If they don't agree, you can't adopt the box here. ... If the clue is host...