Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Letterboxing Conversations

by JanilaProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: State: Michigan
... Not a Michiganer here but I do have a few AQ tricks up my sleeve also. For instance, in order to see my event sign ups, I just created a search for them and then saved it, calling it "My Upcoming Events". New ones are added in date order and as...
... I have been doing this for years and loving it. It is amazing how many people are not aware of it. But I do take it a step further. There are areas that I box in regularly such as Florida, eastern PA, Delaware and Maryland, so I have searches se...
by Angel WinksProfileContactLogbookNote
Janila, Welcome to our AQ conversation! I'm interested in learning more about how you do this. How do you actually create the search for them? I've saved several searches I've done by states, but not events. Do you do this under Advanced Search? Thanks!
Janila, you are a letterboxer after my own heart :). I do the same thing. My husband and I are often dreaming about the next trip we are going to take, so I begin customizing addresses already at that time. I've found many boxes I wouldn't have found i...
by DawnkeyProfileContactLogbookNote
... Yes. Then on the Search Type in the upper right, choose Events (listed under Miscellaneous). Then there's a check box for events you're signed up for.
... Yes, Advanced Search, change the search type to Events, check off "Include only events that I'm signed up for" and "Include only upcoming events". Set Sort Order to Start Date. Voila! Did I mention that I LOVE saving searches? :-)
Thank you!
by SpartanfansProfileContactLogbookNote
We do the same, I have alerts set up for Michigan to send an email. The other locations I track, Rhode Island, Maryland, Grand Haven, MI I have set up as a widget on my menu!
by Plymouth SeekersProfileContactLogbookNote
We use the custom address feature regularly. We then change the address at the top of the page, that way when we do a search of the area again, the boxes show up.
by BaliWhoProfileContactLogbookNote
Fun! I'm sure there's a lot of things! I like the notes feature, particularly for personal travelers, but it's helpful for other things like mystery boxes. Once I solve the PT clue, I add a note. When I print the list of PTs prior to the event, the...
Another thing I used a lot is the countdown widget. (not sure if that is a premium widget or not!) I add it to the very top of my page so I can easily see what I have coming up that needs to be done. This is really helpful to keep track of things t...
I like the notes features also for PTs. Another thing I use them for is to copy and paste LbNA clues. Lastly, I use it if I read over comments on the letterbox and there is something important to note that someone mentioned. Another great feature! I h...
by BBStackerProfileContactLogbookNote
... Mine too. Although I have to admit it has some complexity to it (my small brain???). I travel a lot and am always looking for boxes 1 mile at the most off my route. Trip Planner along with custom addresses helps me find them. In conjunction I use t...
by MichKathyProfileContactLogbookNote
... Yes, you can search for things like tag:red or tag:red,blue if you want boxes with your red AND blue tags. See the near bottom of https://cluetracker.pearlcrescent.com/ios/faq for more info.
I experimented with tags early on, but you've inspired me to use them again. You've given lots of good ideas, BBStacker; I especially like the "puzzle needs to be solved yet." I'm curious what others use tags for.
... I do that also! I will also put the link to any trail maps or significant websites that I find while doing research for the custom addresses. This can save time when I am actually prepping to go find the boxes later. And, since many of my own...
... I use tags all the time. The ones I currently have are: Mystery/need info - means I have to do some sort of homework before finding Scared to get it - at least I'd be scared to look for it by myself. Tried box - for boxes that I made some sort of...
Wow. That really gives me food for thought. I like the Last Finder tag. I had never thought of that.
by Rocket RaiderProfileContactLogbookNote
I use tags a lot for trip planning. I use the trip planner and city searches to see what boxes are in the area I will be passing through and staying in, and then I start to tag the boxes that I think I most want to search for. It helps organize the mas...
... I used to use them a lot when I was doing LTCs a lot. I don't remember what they were. But, I love all the ideas listed above! Thanks for starting this thread! Great ideas here already!
by paper trailProfileContactLogbookNote
I use tags for: Caution - go for it if plenty of time (while traveling), but likely not there Stop - multiple attempts, likely not worth time adding another Go for it - used especially if I've attempted it in the past, and someone else has logged a fin...
by MaudeProfileContactLogbookNote
... I use one color for each state I travel regularly, and tag new boxes as they pop up on the new letterboxes widget. One additional color is labeled Mapped, meaning I have located the parking spot on a map and placed a pin there. I sometimes do that...
by RebiccolaProfileContactLogbookNote
After making the mistake of not looking for one of Safari Man's boxes when I had the chance, I use a tag for all of his boxes. That way, when I have a pile of clues printed for a trip, I can easily see if any of his boxes are among them and make those...
... Ears perked! Now, you gotta tell us! maybe we don't know? Labels? Is that different than tags? I'm intrigued. I need to do what you do with copying/pasting the clues to a word doc. Sometimes it kills three trees to print a clue page and all...
by MaudeProfileContactLogbookNote
a quarter sheet? Only if it's just one or two easy clues. But yes, try it. The other advantage is that I have to actually read the clues while I'm still at home, and that has saved me from a few disappointments. The labels are the words next to the t...
I am absolutely loving this thread, hope it lives for a long time! OK, this is probably something that many people have used but I just discovered it yesterday. Based on many of the suggestions about what people use tags for, I finally revised the sy...
Don’t you just love how customizable AQ is?
Okay. So help is needed. I want to change the labels on my tags. How do I do that?
Hah! I just figured it out. Now I need to decide which tags to use. So fun. Thanks for all the ideas.
Heading down a different avenue in this conversation... Does anyone else participate in the Great Lakes Bingo game? Atomicbeans from Illinois is hosting it and the information just came out. I've participated for several years and I even won twice in...