Board
Kirbert provided a link to the product page in his initial post
https://www.atlasquest.com/boards/message.php?msgId=968987
Re: Tan-Z Pattern
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Reply to: #968961 by Oberon_Kenobi
Dec 4, 2018 6:47am
Board
What makes the texture is the extrusion process. It would have cost a *lot* more to have them totally retool the machine for my batch and as it was, I was able to piggy back onto the set-up for another material they made for a different customer and cut the set-up fee out of the cost of the run, too. The decision to leave it one-sided was mainly an economic one. And, since the original PZ had crimps on the back from the machines, too, I figured people could live with it for a lower cost material.

Also, I've been toying with an interesting idea for the back side of the material - it's on my list of things to play with when I carve my next multi-layer image. I thought it might make a really nice texture for shading. It's like it's already stippled and ready to give that intermediate shadow between white and black (or any other color) when printing. I think it could be pretty cool. Stay tuned! Or, if you beat me to the experiment, let us know how it works!

Webfoot
Reply to: #969058 by Webfoot
Dec 4, 2018 7:11am
Board
Ooo.. now there’s an idea!
Reply to: #969034 by Bon Echo
Dec 4, 2018 9:04am
Board
Found it. Ordered some. Thanks.
Reply to: #969062 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
Dec 4, 2018 9:51am
Board
As someone else said, carving is an individual skill. We all use different tools, different techniques, and have various limitations, preferences, and experience levels. The service that Stampeaz/Webfoot provides, is to make and offer a variety of materials, so virtually anyone can make SOMETHING work for them. I join in thanking her for great work!!