About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: LLBean Event

LLBean Event
Board: Event News and Planning
Oct 30, 2018 11:46am
Board
Now that Live & Breathe is over... its time to start thinking about January... I know - you don't really want to. But think of all the fun you could have while wondering around a retail store in the middle of the night - shopping AND getting inky! And this is our final year - so we're having a whole weekend of craziness to look forward to.

It's a snow, sleet, freezing rain or mid-50's event - the store doesn't close - so we won't cancel or re-schedule :) Lots to do and see - and plenty of ink to be had. You don't want to miss this unique boxing experience.

Final Flight

respectfully,
Team MudCup
Re: LLBean Event
Reply to: #967537 by mudflinginfools
Oct 30, 2018 2:39pm
Board
A bunch of us L&B volunteers - NLW, Screamin Meemie, Mosaic Butterfly and Origami Hen (yours truly) will be making the hike to Maine for this event!!! We expect you will be arranging excellent boxing weather for us, just like we did for L&B XX. No pressure. (But we will be judgy about it - just sayin'.)
Reply to: #967537 by mudflinginfools
Oct 30, 2018 4:12pm
Board
Umm, hey, let's not jump to January too quickly. Take a break and have some soup between now and then: https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.html?eventId=3933
Reply to: #967551 by Origami Hen
Oct 30, 2018 4:52pm
Board
Excellent weather is subjective. As long as my ink pad doesn't freeze again I'll be happy!
Oct 30, 2018 9:56pm
Board
Excellent weather for this event means a clear night with temperatures around -5° while you box. There would also be a little wind, making the wind chill around -15° while you box outside.

Yup... Maine winter weather!!!

Ray
Happydaze
Reply to: #967576 by Happy Daze
Oct 31, 2018 11:20am
Board
Yes Raymond, I hit the "rude" button just for you. lol
Reply to: #967576 by Happy Daze
Oct 31, 2018 12:47pm
Board
Don't forget the foot or two of fresh snow to hide white pouches in!
Reply to: #967628 by RIclimber
Oct 31, 2018 4:45pm
Board
Mother Nature... She is a fickle friend 😂😂
Nov 1, 2018 9:30pm
Board
will be making the hike to Maine for this event!!! We expect you will be arranging excellent boxing weather for us, just like we did for L&B XX. No pressure.

Texas in October... Maine in January. Hm, weather should be about the same, I'd say! No problem! ;)