About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Acadia - Northeast Harbor Trail Map

Acadia - Northeast Harbor Trail Map
Board: Region: Northeast
Oct 22, 2018 2:35pm
Board
Just got back from Bar Harbor/Acadia Nat'l Park, and while there stumbled upon the 2017 Northeast Harbor Trail Map brochure at the Northeast Harbor Golf Course, which has a trailhead right there at the parking lot (hubby golfed while I hiked). These trails are not within the national park boundaries, so it's presumably legal to plant boxes. The map doesn't appear to be online, so I scanned my mangled copy and uploaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g2ak2jfw5lgeb1u/northeast%20harbor%20trail%20map%202017%20%282%29.jpg?dl=0

I know of only one box on all these trails, and the trails are gorgeous. All the trail junctions had routered signs with the trail names. All were very well maintained.

I hiked the trail from the golf course to Norumbega (14), and then the Reservoir Trail (6) to the Skiddoo Trail(9) to the Asticou Stream Trail (10) (that one had a box and was gorgeous). That one ends on Route 3 at the Azalea Garden, and a short walk along the sidewalk brings you to the Asticou Terraces and Thuya Garden.