Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Inventing a board game

Re: Inventing a board game
Board: Games People Play
Reply to: #972644 by Oberon_Kenobi
Mar 13, 2019 7:53am
Board
March 26!

Back story: A year ago, my husband was working on a game idea (worker placement/delivery) & plateaued. Frustrated, he decided to take a break from that game & work on a different game idea. He teamed up with local gamer & designer David from Fisher Heaton Games (Intelle) and Gartenbau began to take shape. It's an abstract strategy, tile laying tableau builder. Our son - age 10 - plays it, though I believe Gartenbau will be marketed ages 12 & up.

It's not an engine-builder like Century Spice Road or Splendor but that 'weight of game play' Check it out on FB &/or Kickerstater on 3.26.19 and thank you for your interest!
Reply to: #972647 by Petunia
Mar 13, 2019 1:40pm
Board
Back story: A year ago, my husband was working on a game idea (worker placement/delivery) & plateaued. Frustrated, he decided to take a break from that game & work on a different game idea. He teamed up with local gamer & designer David from Fisher Heaton Games (Intelle) and Gartenbau began to take shape.

Hoooooly small world, Batman. David and I were pretty close friends years ago, when we both lived in NJ. In fact, earlier in this thread, I replied to CSK telling her that if she couldn't find any good advice on AQ that I would ask a friend for her. The friend I was referring to was David. :O !!!

Will you please tell him "Kitty from Qball" says hi? I could message him, but that would take the fun out of it ;) Congrats and good luck with the game!
Reply to: #955043 by Captain Slick Kitty
Mar 13, 2019 2:44pm
Board
A good friend of mine did this. I will private message you her information. She could probably answer your questions. Tell her "Rosemary" recommended her (not "Rosmarinus"-) she doesn't know about letterboxing!
Reply to: #972657 by kudichan
Mar 13, 2019 7:40pm
Board
I could message him, but that would take the fun out of it ;) Congrats and good luck with the game!

LOVE THIS! Pm'ing you shortly.
Reply to: #972647 by Petunia
Mar 15, 2019 9:42am
Board
There is a new podcast for board game design. It is called Cardboard Addiction.