Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Pink Flamingos held for ransom!

Re: Pink Flamingos held for ransom!
Board: Region: Southeast
Reply to: #3951 by DebBee
May 5, 2005 12:23pm
Board
some cretin took my bird! It's simply scandalous. These fiends will stop at nothing! Maybe we should organize a posse.

I can just imagine a posse of letterboxers hunting down a pat of flamingo filchers... when the filchers are apprehend by the 'boxers, their hands are sleeved in heavy-duty ziplock baggies, their feet are encased in super-size Rubbermaid containers, they're tied to trees with waterproof (or duck) tape, and are stamped superfluously with stamps carved specially for the occasion...

On a lighter note (chuckle):

http://www.flamingostampede.com/facts.html

SteveS
Reply to: #3962 by BrewHiker
May 5, 2005 12:34pm
Board
What a fascinating website! I laughed when I saw that the plastic flamingos outnumbered the lives ones, though I can't really say I'm surprised. I'm more surprised that someone would actually try to figure such a thing out.

But what about this?

Quote 1 out of 300 people have a irrational fear of flamingos.

That seems like a surprisingly large number of people with an irrational fear of flamingos. I hope that didn't turn anyone off from the gathering in Florida earlier this year!

-- Ryan
Reply to: #3964 by Green Tortuga
May 5, 2005 1:23pm
Board
Quote I hope that didn't turn anyone off from the gathering in Florida earlier this year!

Especially since all of our flamingos were very well trained and docile!

DebBee
Reply to: #3950 by Green Tortuga
May 5, 2005 4:52pm
Board
Last fall, our neighbor "flamingoed" our lawn. One morning, I go out and find like 20 plastic flamingoes out on the lawn and busted out laughing! I did not tell Mrs. Lightnin Bug, but got a call at work about 1 hour later from the Mrs. asking if I saw the flamingoes. Our neighbor did it to celebrate the beginning of school and being liberated from her little gremlins for most of the day.

LB
Reply to: #3967 by LightninBug
May 5, 2005 5:20pm
Board
I read a suggestion for a fund raiser groups can do. They put pink plastic flamingos on people's lawn with a note around their necks saying for a donation to the group, they'll remove them! Or, for a larger donation, they'll remove them and put them on the yard of your choice.

DebBee