Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Another box planted ON TOP of mine?

Re: Another box planted ON TOP of mine?
Board: Traditional Letterboxes
Reply to: #937369 by Essex Explorers
Nov 2, 2016 2:35pm
Board
You might not have seen the series listed as there are restrictions on it. Perhaps you have not met the "plants" minimum for the series.

I reviewed the Egypt clues and they reference your box

BONUS - WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE by Essex Explorers is in the same spot. This is a VERY busy area (this is the third placing of WONDER) so please be stealthy.

They have not logged in for a while but they seem to welcome your box as well as including in their note that their box went missing two times. That might be your answer to why the spot was empty at the time of your planting. I say coexist since they had no problem with the double booking!
Reply to: #937370 by dingus dufus
Nov 2, 2016 2:57pm
Board
That's wonderful, thank you so much for helping me out with this! I feel much better, and will add a note to my box's clues that this box is there. And when I return next week to replace my logbook I'll see if I can find a nearby spot for my own and move it, since this other box was apparently there first, even if temporarily MIA when I planted ours. I'll have to keep on planting so that I can eventually meet the restrictions for this box - I'd love to find the entire series!
Reply to: #937370 by dingus dufus
Nov 2, 2016 3:02pm
Board
At the risk of more criticism for my obsession on my F count, I say the more the merrier......I've put my arm under rocks in Dartmoor and come up with as many as 10 boxes......in the same location!! I was thrilled.....but I know some purists wouldn't like it so.......
Reply to: #937373 by Public Hand
Nov 2, 2016 3:08pm
Board
Very good point, there! I'd be thrilled to go searching for a box and discover it's a two-for-one deal! I apologize for my earlier "miffed" tone, you've all helped me discover a much more positive perspective (and very politely pointed out that it looks like this other box was in fact planted first, although possibly missing around the time we planted?). It's a beautiful location - anyone local who hasn't been to the Ipswich River Wildlufe Sanctuary should really try to get there someday, it's a wonderful place!
Reply to: #937358 by Essex Explorers
Nov 2, 2016 3:41pm
Board
Wow! Given that you're at P3 F75 X2 and can't see the other box's clue, it must have a high restriction.

Which brings up a point -> people will plant, not realizing they could be "poaching", if an existing box has been restricted. And related to that, if a person doesn't cross check on AQ & LbNA. And then, there are mystery boxes...
Reply to: #937372 by Essex Explorers
Nov 2, 2016 6:28pm
Board
when I return next week to replace my logbook I'll see if I can find a nearby spot for my own and move it,

Initially I would agree to relocate your box nearby. But since your box is mentioned in their clue...I would leave it.

~Aurora
JMHO
Reply to: #937385 by The hicks from the sticks
Nov 3, 2016 1:53pm
Board
Or you could move it and notify Boston B so they could change their clue.