Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit

Read Thread: Is there a letterboxing rule?

Is there a letterboxing rule?
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Oct 12, 2016 4:37pm
Board
Is there a letterboxing rule that states, " when only one box of your long series is lost... it must be the one containing the logbook?? Rats and double rats. Box maintenance bummer.
Re: Is there a letterboxing rule?
Reply to: #936343 by Apple girl
Oct 12, 2016 4:56pm
Board
Is there a letterboxing rule that states, " when only one box of your long series is lost... it must be the one containing the logbook??

There is!

Article 1 , section 3, paragraph 2 of The Letterbox Code Book (covering application of Murphy's Law) states:

"The letterbox containing the logbook in any series Must be the first and/or only box to go missing."

Box Law
Oct 13, 2016 3:22am
Board
Falls under a footnote of Murphy's Law
Reply to: #936358 by IrishRef
Oct 13, 2016 6:26am
Board
I think I saw a footnote to the footnote which requires the stamp in the missing box must be the largest, most detailed, and marvelous of the entire series.
Oct 14, 2016 2:26pm
Board
Just finished the last day of box maintenance ( about 100) today and my second observation is , if a bag is left open, it will be the one containing the logbook, while the stamp is nice and dry!!
Reply to: #936445 by Apple girl
Oct 14, 2016 6:44pm
Board
Good for you for doing all that maintenance!
Oct 15, 2016 6:17am
Board
Rule #2: " when only one box of your long series is lost... it must be the stamp with the most detail that took longer or was more difficult than the others to carve."
Oct 15, 2016 3:07pm
Board
Rule #3:
" when only one box of your long series is lost... it must be the one containing the largest stamp in the series so replacing it will cost you more of your pink stuff."

(anyone else notice that Hob Lob, or was it Michael's, DOUBLED their price for a 4x6 slab of pink!)
Oct 15, 2016 9:37pm
Board
Well, if you put a logbook in every box, ...

Old Blue
sorry to see that "no-book" boxes are considered to be valid
Reply to: #936481 by DoubleSaj and Old Blue
Oct 16, 2016 4:43am
Board
I don't know, unless the logbook is a key piece to the theme of each box of a series, I'm not really thinking "awesome, another logbook to stamp into. Two down and fourteen to go!".

I do respect the rights and wishes of the planter to want a trail stamp image in every box of a series as well as finders such as yourself not recording any box they find that doesn't contain a logbook out of principle.