About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: AQ Mail Drafts

AQ Mail Drafts
Board: Suggestion Box
Aug 19, 2016 8:02am
Board
Has there been any thought of automatically putting messages started into a draft file if they are not completed for one reason or another? I was involved in a lengthy AQ mail today and got distracted and pushed the wrong key on my keyboard. Clicked the back arrow and my draft is totally gone. I have to start all over. Just a thought.
Re: AQ Mail Drafts
Reply to: #933169 by BBStacker
Aug 19, 2016 8:26am
Board
I would love that, too!

I do this sometimes when writing clues. Now I usually type them in Word first and then paste them in. This prevents me from shrieking in frustration and scaring the heck out of the cats or family members.
Reply to: #933170 by Rocklun
Aug 19, 2016 8:46am
Board
shrieking in frustration

I just did that a little while ago when I lost my AQ mail.

I agree with the idea of using Word and pasting. I usually think about that when it's too late though. i noticed my private email has a draft page and anytime I start an email it automatically goes into drafts and stays there quite awhile.
Aug 19, 2016 9:10am
Board
That would be great. I have had a lot of problems writing clues, and having them disappear before I could finish. Sometimes it's just the internet going awry for a second, and all is lost.
Aug 19, 2016 10:20am
Board
Has there been any thought of automatically putting messages started into a draft file if they are not completed for one reason or another? I was involved in a lengthy AQ mail today and got distracted and pushed the wrong key

Yes! Please reference our trail name.
Reply to: #933170 by Rocklun
Aug 19, 2016 4:25pm
Board
Now I usually type them in Word first and then paste them in.

I just do them in Notepad. Word has too many features that won't translate into an AQ clue listing.
Reply to: #933183 by Kirbert
Aug 19, 2016 5:12pm
Board
We seem to have wandered off topic.....as usual. The draft feature is being proposed for AQ mail, not AQ clues, right?
Peace
CTEE
Aug 19, 2016 5:47pm
Board
I think BBStacker's idea is a good one too. Wasting time having to recreate something written is frustrating.
Aug 20, 2016 6:52am
Board
An auto save would be helpful.