A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Search for Letterboxer by Location

Re: Search for Letterboxer by Location
Board: Suggestion Box
Reply to: #930199 by StampingIsMyForte
Jul 4, 2016 10:21am
Board
You can also plan a gathering (called "Events" under the "People" tab on AQ). While some gatherings are elaborate, and if you live in an area with such, go to the next one to meet other letterboxers rather than plan your own; if not, just plan one and meet who shows up. Newbies can certainly plan a simple meet and greet gathering.

Maybe I am in the minority, but I don't think they have to be fancy. An event stamp and a couple of day of boxes is more than enough, IMHO. Most letterboxers like meeting fellow letterboxers. Of course, my gathering planning experience can be summarized as "lets meet at this cool bar", but you get the idea. "Lets meet at this cool park" works just as well; throw in something enticing, and it will be a hit. Just a suggestion as another vector to meet other letterboxers. Good luck.
Reply to: #930206 by Sir Braemoor
Jul 4, 2016 12:02pm
Board
my gathering planning experience can be summarized as "lets meet at this cool bar"

I've experienced a PA Drink & Ink & Drink event where slack boxing turned into slosh boxing.
Reply to: #930206 by Sir Braemoor
Jul 5, 2016 9:31am
Board
"Let's meet at this cool bar... that happens to be in a tree."
Reply to: #930192 by Impassioned Poppy
Jul 5, 2016 12:58pm
Board
You could send the person a email if you wanted to or you could see where there boxes are idk those are the only things that I could think of. It's probably for the better that you can't see there location.