About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit

Read Thread: Another tweak request

Another tweak request
Board: Suggestion Box
Apr 22, 2016 8:43am
Board
First . . . the find/plant maps are awesome!! Thanks for adding this :-)

Another addition to profiles that I would find really useful, if it's not a big deal to add:
When I want to include extra LTCs for participants in my trackers, or just as a surprise gift, I can click on that person's profile and see the last 10 LTCs of mine that they have logged. I would love to have a "see all" button, to show me ALL the LTCs they have of mine, so I can pick cards they don't already have, without having to look through all their 2000 finds (for the green check mark), or my list of plants, looking through every single "show finds" list. Is that an optional button that would be easy to do? I know I can do a work-around with advanced search criteria, but a one-click button would be awesome 😉
Re: Another tweak request
Reply to: #924977 by Wise Wanderer
Apr 22, 2016 10:51am
Board
I would love this option too!!!!
Reply to: #924977 by Wise Wanderer
Apr 22, 2016 11:53am
Board
I would love to have a "see all" button, to show me ALL the LTCs they have of mine, so I can pick cards they don't already have....

Hmm... I'm toying around with how this would work, and for now added some search links that premium members can see if there are at least 10 matches. It links to a regular search of LTCs, postals and travelers, but I'm not really liking it and am not sure it's even helpful for you since it shows a list of all finds they have of your LTCs, but NOT the LTCs that they haven't found.

But... let me know what you think. If there are fewer than 10 matches, you see the complete list right there so there's no additional link. (If there are exactly ten matches, you'll see the link even though it's a complete list. Which really isn't ideal, but it was a quick and dirty implementation.)

-- Ryan
Reply to: #924986 by Green Tortuga
Apr 22, 2016 12:42pm
Board
Thanks, GT. I might be missing the 'gist' of that added criteria . . . I think that's what I could already do, regardless of the number of finds they have. On advanced search, by entering myself as owner, and them as finder, I get a complete list of LTCs found by them, but it takes a handful of clicks and two names typed in, to get it. I was thinking of an "easy button" to get the same result with one-click.
Reply to: #924988 by Wise Wanderer
Apr 22, 2016 1:57pm
Board
On advanced search, by entering myself as owner, and them as finder, I get a complete list of LTCs found by them

The links I added are links to an advanced search where you are listed as the planter (not necessarily the owner) and them as a finder.

It's the same search used to create those "Ship In the Night" sections--the main difference is that they don't get chopped off after 10 results are found. But if there are less than 10 results, then you are seeing all of the results already and the additional link seems kind of pointless--you already have the entire list!

-- Ryan
Reply to: #924993 by Green Tortuga
Apr 22, 2016 2:06pm
Board
OH!!! I looked in the wrong place (on search instead of profile page). That works perfectly - exactly what I wanted!! Thanks for the buttons!!!!
Reply to: #924995 by Wise Wanderer
Apr 23, 2016 3:26am
Board
This change makes it so easy to know which LTCs to send people as gifts!!! Thanks so much for implementing this, Ryan, and for suggesting it, Wise Wanderer! :^)