A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Passage of Time

Re: Passage of Time
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #924378 by Boxer Lover47
Apr 13, 2016 6:12pm
Board
I'm pretty sure Okie Dog is Safari Man's sister.

Oh, gosh, yes, you are right! I got confused there, and my profound apologies to those involved!!
Reply to: #924363 by wassamatta u
Apr 13, 2016 6:29pm
Board
It's funny, cause I remember SOME of the names of people who have responded to this thread, but most I cannot place...or don't remember the personality behind the "handle" or "trail name". So help me out... Is wassamatta u the sysop? Or was that Green Tortuga? Or are they the same person?

My memory has faded, and I apologize, but that's a problem with getting older. I turned 60 and just don't remember relationships I had any more.
Reply to: #924383 by Capt Kirk
Apr 14, 2016 3:34am
Board
If there is nothing left of the box and it has been marked as "retired", anything you plant would then be a totally new box. While you could certainly place it in the same location, it would really be "your" box at that point. Perhaps you could do a quick plant at this location since it sounds like it has good accessibility for travelers, and then, if you so desire, take a little time to do a nice tribute box for Safari Man. He was well-loved and respected in the letterboxing community and I am sure you could get a donated stamp and logbook if that is not something you would be able to do. (I would be happy to help with either a stamp or logbook).

SpringChick
Reply to: #924396 by SpringChick
Apr 14, 2016 12:36pm
Board
That's EXACTLY my idea, Spring Chick. I would be honored for any assistance you or others care to provide. I've made a quick plant for this weekend, but would welcome a carved tribute stamp and/or logbook to make this more of a tribute to Glenn/Safari Man. Thank you for your support!