Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit

Read Thread: Old logbooks

by KirbertProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Letterbox Chatter
To my mind, the three ways of leaving notes are to three different audiences. The public online log is to others who may decide to hunt this box in the future. The private online comment is to the box planter and owner. And notes in the physical log...
by zinniProfileContactLogbookNote
Like Mom says, "Just say, 'Thank you.' and then, be quiet. haha
by NaironProfileContactLogbookNote
Well said. I have to share one of my 'favorite' comments that I often find in a physical logbook - "logbook wet." I often wonder who the intended audience for this comment is, as anyone who subsequently finds the box will also recognize the amount of m...
by Logbook WetProfileContactLogbookNote
I often find in a physical logbook - "logbook wet." I often wonder who the intended audience for this comment is What? I'm not allowed to sign logbooks anymore? Sheesh. *shaking head* Just because I don't log my finds online doesn't mean they aren't r...
by FloridaFourProfileContactLogbookNote
I have a Dia De Los Muertos box, and I asked people to write messages about or to their lost loved ones. I need to go check the box and see if anyone ever did. :-)
by Sir BraemoorProfileContactLogbookNote
And notes in the physical log book in the box are to the people who find the box after me. That may not be the original intent when letterboxing first started out, but it's the scheme that makes the most sense to me now I don't think there was any orig...
...it dismays me when I see an online comment like "the bonus box was a nice surprise" and so forth. Nice surprise for you, maybe, but you just spoiled the surprise for everyone else. Doesn't dismay me. That comment is deleted -- along with the ones t...
by FrenchieProfileContactLogbookNote
It was a spiral-bound book of 5" x 3.5" index cards, and the container was some old white Rubbermaid type of thing. What was once considered the State Of The Art lgbk for this hobby had its definite advantages. One of which was being able to separate t...
...over half of its pages may be illegible due to the excessive bleeding of dye-based imprints. Whereas, all the pigment imprints will look even sharper and more vibrant on the wet pages. I'm not convinced this is a dye vs. pigment thing. There are dy...