A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Ya gotta luv it when...

Re: Ya gotta luv it when...
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #921443 by Elle
Mar 5, 2016 4:22am
Board
Between the two of us, Southpaw and I have forgotten clues, water, lunch, ink, pens, sig stamps, money, ice treads, hiking poles, assorted medical supplies, and (once) backpack. The other person can help out the forgetful person and also get to feel smugly superior that day. Win-win!
Mar 5, 2016 5:27am
Board
Before the days of having a smart phone, there were times when I was in that same predicament. Then we go to the local library and print them out :-).
BB
Mar 5, 2016 6:37am
Board
I drove 2 hours to a box once, I got there & Atlas quest had just went down for maintenance. We don't have a printer at home. It didn't occur to me that Atlas Quest would be down. And I never went further than 45 minutes away for a box. I took it as a sign.

Another time, we were out of town and on the way for an 'out ofbthe way' box. I realized we left our ink pad. We had nothing in the car to substitute. I couldn't take the chance of the huffing not working. So we drove 30 minutes in the opposite direction to a Walmart. Walked around the Walmart and could not find any ink pads. Crazy because I've bought them there before in a pinch. So we found a Staples. They did have ink pads. Not very good ones but it would work. I get back in the car and open up my letterbox bag to put the ink pad in there. Lo and behold, my StazOn ink pad rolls out of the bag. LuckyMike wasn't happy. We were on our way to this awesome place called The Shed in Ocean Springs, Mississippi. This place was awesome. We found the box after digging around. That made up for everything. BTW, the place had burned down sometime before and had just been rebuilt. The clues no longer added up. The box was basically unknown even though it did not say that the listing. But we did find it. The planter was pretty excited to know that we found it.
Reply to: #921485 by crosscresent
Mar 5, 2016 6:56am
Board
Atlas quest was down for maintenance...

Just in case, I always screenshot my clues so I can go in photos and look at them. I have an unreliable printer, and it helps if you're hiking and may be without service.
Reply to: #921476 by Rocklun
Mar 5, 2016 9:30am
Board
The other person can help out the forgetful person and also get to feel smugly superior that day. Win-win!

Is that why you guys box with me?
Mar 5, 2016 10:32am
Board
... someone click baits a subject line?
Reply to: #921498 by Cyclonic
Mar 5, 2016 5:44pm
Board